Console 2.0.5 Known Issues

Having 4 Giants is giving bonuses for having Elementals:

and not even 4, but 3!
PS have since changed my banner colors to brown/blue. not red blue. that was the banner for the previous team, not that it matters, i just figured someone would get snarky about it.

1 Like

Whth the new update they introduced dual troop types.
Jarl, Stone, and Zephoeos are all Elemental AND Giants.

2 Likes

gdi. i want the giant bonus. thanks for the reminder.

I usually do the Tasks every day so I’m familiar with them, what do you mean?

Daily task. ‘win 15 battles with 3 unique knights’ - reward 10 gems.
I completed it and got nothing!

I think they said at the top that the dual-types are breaking the bonus display. I haven’t checked this for myself, but you might be getting the giant bonus in battle, but there just isn’t room to show a fourth bonus card on that screen.

1 Like

Was going to say the thing, so “ditto”. I’ll test it.

1 Like

This was a reported bug that they said was fixed about a week ago. Just to be super-clear, did you not get the little pop-up box that says you got the gems, or did you check the gem total before and after you completed the task to verify that you did not receive them?

If the second, then we should probably alert the devs that this bug is not fixed once another person or two can confirm it.

1 Like

Of course, i read that after i posted it, but I was also thinking…" surely that’s not what they meant, and i am a special snowflake." sorry…

1 Like

No need to apologize - I don’t think we know for sure whether it is working, and it takes quite a bit of homework to reconcile all the bonuses (you have to account for all the team bonuses, kingdom bonuses, class bonus, trait bonuses, etc.)

1 Like

@strat, @Stan I’ll find a pure giant team as well to make sure i’m getting the bonuses as well. ty both. ETA: Giant bonuses are in effect.

It’s amazing that a “token matching game” got so freaking complicated!!!

1 Like

@Dan_ozzzy189

when was the last time you “forced quit” your game, to load the new files? The update some at the end time of last week fixed this for me. Before ALL tasks were not adding rewards, I would get the right side popup though.

I just completed a guild task for gems, and did NOT get mail indicating a reward. I thought when you complete a task yourself you were supposed to get mail now? I did not compare my gems before/after so I’m not sure if it actually counted

If you were I have NEVER seen any mail for completing guild tasks myself. When did they supposedly change it

Oops, I was remember one of the changes in the 2.1 PC/Mobile update:

I played 2 Ranked PVP matches last night and kept getting this error. I’d click okay and it would come right back up. If I waited a bit and clicked okay, it would go away. I gave up playing after the second incident.

Force quit? Ps4? Not sure about that. I had no gems and no pop up box. I did two others and got the pop up.

Xbox One has an instant resume feature for games. The effect is that the game is “saved” in a running state to disk. A small side effect of doing this is that Gems of War will NOT check for new update files (Developer updates). And some Rollovers are skipped (guild weekly totals, new Tasks, etc)

Its only preliminary on my part. But, when playing only Challenges and then Treasure Hunt in-between, after three times playing TH, the sound effects degrade rapidly. It was beginning to while playing TH for the third time.

When playing only Challenges and Arena, no such thing occurred right away when playing Arena for the third time. It was after playing a fifth Arena battle did the sound effects begin to fade fast.

Length of time had nothing to do with it.

btw, sound files are missing for certain troops (e.g., Dark Master; Hag; Winter Wolf; Dire Wolf; Orc; Goblin; Goblin Shaman; Siren; etc.). Wargare Hero battle cry is missing; Tends to happen to human Hero as well every now and then. With other troops, either their battle cry, or the death cry does not work. It is very sad not to hear the Stone Giant or Skeleros, for instance, not say ‘awwww’ when he falls in battle. He really wants to keep playing. lol

Out of curiosity: Did the devs enable some sort of hardware acceleration here with the game to speed it up for whatever reason? We can’t adjust that in-game on XB1. From the time the game is launched, there are no sound effects with each daily splash screen. Only the music plays. Even when collecting from the home kingdom, no such file for sound effects exists. TH does not sound its effects when counting coins at the end of the game. Very peculiar as the rest of the sound effects for the other rewards do play. Perhaps, the issue is around there?