Coming soon to a console near you! (Weekly Event: Khaziel)

I believe that’s the savage armor.

200 from green, 500 from red and 1250 from vaults. I only know that for SURE because I had the 5 map task today.

Hmmm - well maybe that had to wait a patch! I distinctly remember changing those values though.

1 Like

Lol, well on X1 aparrently we have to wait for everything. (No fault of yours of course)

@pinoking well that will teach ya for owning an x1 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I Brought the Treasure Hunt rewards up a week ago, my bad in that I should have followed up as you didnt get back to me.

I’m glad the values are changing, and I still curious about the answer to my original question. (Even if you have to be vague).

Thanks

Setting an hourly alarm to quick gather loot while watching TV is key. I get 4 or 5 tributes after work, and a dozen or so on my days off when I’m goofing off at home.
Once you level and trait your main team, I dedicate all my souls and trait stones to gold starring cities. 14 3* cities all level 10, rest except the latest at 1*. The free loot ads up quickly.

Never seen it broken down like that, and it makes a lot of sense. I go more for gold so Broken Spire is currently my home, but after seeing this I will probably change. :slight_smile:

Still waiting for it :slight_smile:

[Note: Heavy Speculation below. Nothing is said with absolute certainty, just relative degrees of likelihood. Some have near absolute certainty, others, not so much. You’ll see all below.]

Frozen Feelings for Future Fruitions… or How the End Times came and all I got left with was this Imp.

There’s one thing we can count on with relatively certainty. Come August, consoles will finally have the Blighted Lands made available to them. During the announcement of the last update, this kingdom was mentioned and since we can expect one new kingdom a month, it would follow that this will be the one.

Then what?

When 2.0 came on the PC/Mobile version of the game, it brought 3 new things with it. 1) The updated PvP system, 2) the kingdom Glacial Peaks, and 3) the kingdom Apocalypse. While point 1 will likely stay true for console (we won’t see it til our 2.0 update), points 2 and 3 are a bit more interesting.

Let’s start with 2. Since the most recent major update (as of 7/22/16) for both PC and Console, there have been no other kingdoms released on PC (though that would change next week most likely). That means following the 1 a month plan for console, Glacial Peaks seems to be a definite for September. No matter who anything else plays out, we should see this kingdom sometime during the Equinoxes.

However, Console updates usually occur about every 3 months. Sure they could be done faster (and sometimes there have been patches released to fix game errors) but that would put a greater load upon the developers to have a turnaround that fast, especially when you also have to factor in the time for the patch to be certified by Sony and Microsoft which can take about a month as well depending on how lucky you get. (And as we’ve seen, Microsoft can be a real pain when it comes to certifying things for release with how long it took for XBox players to get the Deathknight Armor.)

So, for a moment let’s figure on the 2 month turn around. That would mean in September, not only will Glacial Peaks come out, but we’d get the PvP updates too. More gold! More glory! Yay! Everything looks good.

On a 3 month turn around though (where the next update doesn’t come until October), that would mean a 3rd kingdom would have been buried in the last update in order for consoles to have a September release. Since no other kingdom was out at the time, again Glacial Peaks would be that September release. (Can anyone data mine a ps4? No? Darn.)

So as far as point 2, no matter what else happens, Glacial Peaks should be here in September with some beautiful and powerful troops. Wonderful!

Point 3 though is where things get… sticky. Apocalypse is similar to the Primal Kingdom and the Imps in that the kingdom does not appear on the map. It differs from Primal in that the Primal troops did show up as Event Troops on the PC side while the Apocalypse troops were simply added to the main chests on their own. Each troop had 1 week to himself (as of this time, only 3 have been released), and then after that, that new one and all prior ones were available in Glory and Gem chests (Note: PC VIP Chests do not work identical to Console VIP Chests. The former is essentially a super Gem Chest while the latter is a super Event Chest so unless this changes in the future too, Apocalypse troops will unlikely be in the Console VIP Chests.)

So what does this mean for Consoles? Well, how optimistic are you? When the 1.09 update was being finalized for Consoles and submitted for certification, it looked like it matched the recent Ghulvania event on PC, and that anything prior to this may have been included while anything from that event onward almost certainly would not be (and as Ghulvania had 0 changes with this last update, I feel relatively secure in saying that.) This would be the 2nd full week of 2.0 on PC. So being as Glacial Peaks was released prior, it may have had a chance to be included with this update (as speculated above). But also available at this time (and even a few days before Glacial Peaks) was the 1st Apocalypse Troop: War.

However, Apocalypse Troops are being released on their own schedule, independent of anything else going on. So it’s just as likely that this one troop was included in this update as it is likely that it wasn’t. We might see it simultaneously with Glacial Peaks, especially if GP wasn’t included in the last update. It might be if GP was included, Apocalypse wasn’t so that we’d only get the one. It’s possible we won’t see any of the Apocalypse troops until some time much further down the line. It’s also possible they may make it available for Glory as an event troop, though this is very unlikely. While release orders may have changed, things have still been released the same way across all platforms so far.

So the point of all this? Just a simple looking ahead and what we can expect. September should bring us Glacial Peaks no matter what. The only reason that wouldn’t be the case at this point is if we do get a September update and they pick the new PC Kingdom first. Possible, but highly unlikely.

The PvP update will be with the next update. That will be September if Glacial Peaks isn’t already on the system so they need to do another update sooner rather than later, or October if Glacial Peaks is on the system since then they would have another month before another kingdom is added.

War and Apocalypse… who knows? (Again we know exactly who knows but for the most of us…) If it mirrors the PC, then we’d see it with Glacial Peaks though most likely, my hunch is that it will be with the next update regardless of when Glacial Peaks is released. Mostly because by that time all 4 troops should be done and not likely needing any more adjustments so they can then be released on their own schedule in the final versions.

And as for the Imps? Well, because most Hero classes need mono-colored Arcane stones (and more than multi-colored troops), expect to see them sooner rather than later since they are the “easy” (but resource expensive) way to trait up your Heroes. Plus who doesn’t like guaranteed Legendary cards (even at 500 Glory a pop)?

That’s all for now. Come Monday we should have some updates with what’s new on the PC as well as greeting another troop to console… (still say Ghiralee is the most likely even if she’s not the most desired troop.)

This is where an Imp will decide to troll us instead.

2 Likes

Interesting wondering if mr strange will mastermind you again

Nothing really to Mastermind here. It’s a given Glacial Peaks will come at some point realistically speaking, and if they are on a 3 month schedule, it was the only other kingdom that was complete.

If a 2 month schedule, well, again, possible something else may come first but highly unlikely. Then again Wild Plains and Darkstone had their release order changed from the PC order. Maybe they just wanted to get the extra Magic kingdom out sooner? We’ll likely start hearing some things one way or the other in a month’s time at the latest.

We’ll probably get the 2.01 features in next patch too like explore mode and dual troop types. Dual troop types is probably really easy to add to the code. Explore mode probably isn’t too hard either.

A bullet point list at the end would have been lovely :beer:

Just a request for our very early day people (Australia, New Zealand, and related areas of the world.)

If you see what the next official troop is, would you please just PM it to me? The main reason is just so I can update the title and give the detailed write up for it in one shot. Credit will be given because you help me and the rest of the console community decided whether they want to save glory or spend a bit more on the current troop.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Im hoping for nobends. I have enough glory right now that I can farm the remaining that I need during the week. Shame they’re not more useful as I’ll end up bringing them to Mythic, need 16 copies

tip for see early troop,change console time,Select a country which is after midnight, +08:00 (for me,im for europe)
have blue screens today and i dont see new troop

Update: Added Astral Spirit and Moa to Divinion Fields (their 9th and 10th troops)

Well, I don’t know about you, but something about Whitehelm just seems a little uptight. A refuge for the divine that is dominated by a daemon who desires a crazy vampire. Definitely need to get away somewhere relaxing. Somewhere with pretty ladies, cute animals, and the beautiful sounds… of silence.

We return to Pan’s Vale to be greeted by one of the more unusual and unique troops in the game, Faunessa. I’m sure she’ll be charmed to meet you too. However, don’t gaze too long into her beguiling eyes or else she might convince you to smack yourself with all your strength. Don’t say I didn’t warn you because she feels quite empowered to do so. She’ll definitely help you take down some of the tougher foes fast before they knew what hit them.

One of the oldest troops in the game makes her way to console and our quick return to the Vale gives them 8 troops total so far.

Her colors also are a boon to see. The Arcane Plains she provides will help strengthen a number of strong troops already available as well as some of the strongest in the game, some that should arrive within a month.

Atlanta
Banshee
Green Seer (if you missed out on her event)
Herdmaster
Ice Witch
Nymph (strengthen the kingdom together)
Shadow Dragon (the main legendary for now)

Hellcat (Future event troop)
Infernal King (What will be the main legendary for this color, stockpile 16 now to max him on release)
Jackelope
Sacrificial Priest (Future event troop, currently teasing us when all troops are shown)
Tassarion

Enjoy the music all, Faunessa should be available 24 hours from the time this is posted.

(Sorry Bunny, Trix are for kids. Maybe next time. Knighty-knight.)

3 Likes

I need to trait shadow dragon too. Not sure if its worth the glory though; have any legendaries got worse traits than shadow?

Honestly, Infernal King is the one you want to trait if you want Plains and he should be here in 2-3 weeks.

For what it’s worth, just by logging in frequently and a few maps. (I think an average of 1 a day over the week), I made back 3000 of the 6400 spent and that was with not trying other than logging in a little more frequent. I’m guessing you’re saving up for Jarl who’s a great choice. Tough call, but you know how much you can pull.