Change how PvP matching works. Disregard player Level

Disregard level and use the “team” score and history for PvP ranked and casual matches.

The current using the level as the “main” criteria is broken imo.

I bought the death armor that gave me 100% bonus XP and I levelled very quickly past 200 and had some fun last week getting up to rank #1 for the first time. However here we are at a new week’s PvP cycle and now I can’t win any PvP battles either Ranked or Casual as it matches me with people that are 50 to 1000+ levels ahead of me and my teams ability is only in the 4k range and everyone I’m matched against is 5.5 to 11k. I can’t do anything in PvP anymore and just avoid it all together now. I feel if they used the team “ability” score (or what ever it is called) everyone could tailor the PVP experience to be far more fun and user friendly.
If you wanted to try out a new team of lower level cards with an ability score of 1k you would be matched with teams 1k to 1.5k tops regardless of level OR current PvP rank / Standing.

Cheers
Calv1n

Ha, you got conned. XP is worthless. Your pool of troops is what make you strong, not your level. Don’t believe the level hype, is false.

yup, and the armor that gives 50%exp offered to beginners is the greatest con of it ><

the beginners would probably we better off paying extra gems to dis-own that armor! :sweat_smile:

(no joke or sarcasm intended, sadly)

They really need to change casual PvP to just match the team score if you change your team the opponent list should change to match regardless of anything to do with your “level” in the game. That would make this game’s PvP 1000% better immediately IMO.
Cheers
Calv1n

1 Like

Gizmo would like to let you know that if your not planning on being in top 1,000 players for end of week pvp score then create the weakest possible teams typically 4x of common untraited lev 1 or new weekly troops just wait to level them till end of week or best results Giizmo thinks is make weakest team that offers snotstones to other players to get yourself attacked alot. Gizmo wants you to know the strength of your defense team does affect the enemy teams you get matched up against so again if your not going to chase top 1,000 players with 300-700+ wins then always have weak defense.

1 Like

Why does Gizmo talk in the 3rd in the person? I’m also not 100% sure on your advice I’ve never heard of this strategy before and am I’m unsure of what would be the rationale for it? Additionally I’m VIP 8 so all my troops are a minimum of level 10 by default and the majority of my troops are ascended and level 15 or better at this point so I don’t think I could follow it precisely even if I wanted too…

@Gizmo speaks the truth.

1 Like

Gizmo always talks in the 3rd person :stuck_out_tongue: As to why? Only Gizmo knows.

However, the general consensus on the forums is what Gizmo mentioned. The rationale is that currently PVP matchmaking is based on a lot of things, but your defense team seems to be part of it. So in setting a defense team with a lower Team Power score nets you easier opponents to invade. It’s unclear whether this is intended behaviour for the matchmaking code or not (I’m guessing not, but it’s how it works at the moment), however the reason the devs had to “nerf” single troop defenses is because too many people were using them, and it was getting to the point that people could just refresh their opponents and only fight single troop opponents for easier wins (Single Troop Defenses). Now you can’t set single troop defenses, but people still try to field the weakest defense they can for the reasons mentioned above. As to how long it will be before the devs act and fix the PVP matchmaking in general I’m not sure, but for now those are the reasons people are doing what Gizmo talks about.

1 Like