Can we get an audio file on any new troops moving forward?

Please can we ensure that any future pronunciation guides, and indeed any videos and voice-overs, are recorded with careful and correct enunciation of Her Majesty’s proper Queen’s English English*.

No more of this torturing our beloved tongue with these American and Australian accents. Euuggh.

*for the avoidance of doubt, that’s proper English English, not any of the horrible English local dialects, like Brummie or Liverpuddlian or heaven-forbid Welsh or Scottish. Or Northern. It’s ‘grass’ not ‘grass’. It rhymes with ‘arse’. Not ass.

OI NAH MATE YOU’LL TAKE WHAT YA GIVEN.

(Feel the wrath of our combined Aussie drawls.)

4 Likes

So how about neczyra. The new troop?

I pronounce it Ne-krez-ah.

@Saltypatra? How would you do this one? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Necrezza = Neh-Crez-ah

*Edit: Ninja’d

3 Likes

NECK-EE-ZAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I’ll fight you over it.

2 Likes

Professional mispronouncer here. I have at minimum 2 different ways that I pronounce nearly every troop’s name. Rowanne has about 5.

Would be cool having a pronunciation resource accumulated for every name in Gems of War, just don’t let me create it. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

HEEELLOOOOO EVERYONE! Today I’m going to be using CARE BEAR EORS AND ROOOO WAYN ANNNE!!

2 Likes

Necrezza has been covered, so:

Abynissia - Ab-in-iss-ee-ah or Ab-ee-niss-ee-ah (only subtle difference in stress between those two really)

Aurai - Oar-eye

Cythyryxyx - not sure about the intent for the first X, but it’s either Cath-ee-riks-iks or Cath-ee-rizz-iks

Kuh-THIH-ree-zicks

But Cathy is easier. Or Bob.

2 Likes

I think yours is a valid attempt too. I suspect the unclear pronunciation is the point of that particular name. :slight_smile:

For good measure, the ones suggested by @Verdugo are:

Rowanne - Roh - ann

1 Like

now you have spiked my curiosity :grin:

1 Like

That may be the best one we’ll get on that troop :sweat_smile: Thanks

I hereby appoint you in charge of any and all translation guides.

1 Like

ab-in-ISS-ee-uh
or-EYE
kith-ee-RYE-ksix
neck-REZ-uh