[Bug] Princess Elspeth suicide

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I was playing Explore, and my opponent was left with a lonely Princess Elspeth standing. She sacrificed herself, popping a brand new knight, but to my surprise the AI lost the battle even though it still had a troop alive.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Have Princess Elspeth as the only troop on one side, and use her ability to sacrifice herself.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

You can see on the screenshot I won, but my opponent still had a troop left.

4 Likes

Can confirm, this happened to me also

1 Like

I was just about to create this exact same report - the same has just happened to me.

That was going the entire past week, that’s how you win matches quickly, having the double traitstone.
I found a lot of matches with that defense.

This has been around forever, since before Elspeth even I believe. Death procs before summon.

As @Ariel said, it’s not a bug.

It’s not a bug.

The win condition the computer checks for at every step is “Opponent has zero troops? Y/N”

When Elspeth kills herself, the opponent has zero troops.

Also:
http://community.gemsofwar.com/search?q=elspeth%20category%3A10

1 Like

Please don’t fix this. People set a single Elspeth for defence in PvP - and I enjoy farming those teams. Very quick gold, glory, trophy farming!

I can also confirm this bug.

It’s not a bug as @Ariel pointed out.

It’s the sequence that certain status conditions are checked within the code. Death comes before summon.

This is not a bug, this is a feature…:slight_smile:

Featuring fast PvP wins!

2 Likes

I dunno. Feels like a bug to me. If my last troop standing is Elspeth and I want to suicide in hopes of summoning a more effective troop, that shouldn’t end the match as a loss, IMO.

2 Likes