Bone Dragon, one question

It’s not about countering that team, it’s about only having one way to counter.

Let me draw a different analogy:

In medieval warfare, you had infantry, cavalry, siege weaponry, archers, and so on.

In this game, we’re getting more and more siege weaponry and it’s so powerful that the other troop types are becoming obsolete.

Countering that team with Mab actually PROVES my point.

1 Like

But you can’t entangle Manticore (a popular pairing with BD). And entangling BD doesn’t help (unless he’s in the top spot, but that’s extremely rare to see).

1 Like

I’ve seen very few Manticore teams since he got neutered.

Orion seems to be the #1 choice right now. Or putting Bone Dragon up front and putting Famine in the last slot.

BTW, I like seeing the occasional Manticore up front right now. Minogor one hits him by matching 3 skulls. :smiley:

I don’t see it as much as Wraith leads, but I’ve definitely seen more Manticore leads than Orion the past week on my level 1000+ account. Although as people have been noticing, it seems like we get matched with the same small pool of players often. So it might have been the same few people multiple times; I didn’t really pay attention.

What Minogor team(s) are you using?

1 Like

I don’t have much problem dealing with either BD or EK teams. The game is already too easy for the invading side. I would prefer to see some improvement in AI defenders before seeing any nerfs.

And yes I use one single invading team. I just change my style of play slightly depending on the defenders.

Minogor
Justice
Sylvanimora
Green Seer

The AI has already been improved, it’s in production on console.

1 Like

SO glad to hear the news about a BD nerf.
Nervous about what the future holds because he’s an favorite, but I think it definitely needs to be addressed.
Glad to see that 3.0 is also being labeled Guild Wars… :wink:

1 Like

No, it doesn’t. The trait is the counter, not the spell. Do you want me to counter it with skull spam instead?

Hold on, let me find that broken record that I keep playing

Archer Hero (or any green/brown troop works)
Valkyrie
Justice
Mab

And if you’re saying that her trait should be nerfed, I implore just as to how you would plan to do that.

I don’t know if this has been suggested but maybe “Destroy X + [Magic] armor” with X to determine would make for a viable change to BD.

Yes, have seen on that my alt/kids account. However it doesn’t save when you exit the game, as far as I can tell, which makes it little use - I’m not gonna tweak those settings in that clunky UI every time I log in

Well that sucks.

we are talking right past each other. I don’t get what you’re laying down and I’m pretty sure you don’t understand what I’m saying either. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In my experience, it’s not that any particular critter is over powered, it’s that the AI constantly cheats and throws itself free turn after free turn.

Limit the free turn chains for the AI to 1 and it fixes everything.

I recently changed my defense team to Elwyn/BD/DB/BD, and got this as an immediate result:

Unashamedly playing into what the AI does best.

Wait, aren’t you lv 1000+? The Manticores I see usually have 90+ armor+life. Even with the event stat boost this week, it’s not enough attack. Or do you mean after casting Justice?

Smashburger can get Monster Slayer. That’s how he wrecks Manticore.

Sorry, I was on my phone earlier.

I see where the disconnect is, if you would read my post again.

People are calling for Courage and/or Justice to not be able to generate skulls.

One legitimate way to take out that double Kraken team is to use skulls because there’s no meat up front. Green Seer wilts like a delicate flower. I assume that’s why you brought up the Justice / Mab team.

But if you remove all the skull generators, you’re left with much fewer counters. This game is already HEAVILY slanted towards spells and traits. By removing more skull generators, it’s only going to get worse.

I got into this game because of the Devs and Puzzle Quest. This game is just getting further and further away from that formula.

Yeah I know he’s a monster slayer, but his attack isn’t even close to 45 for me. He won’t one hit a 90+ armor+life Manticore until after a Justice cast I think, unless there some other team composition @htismaqe is referring to.

Around 90 is accurate. But Minogor has Monster Slayer for x2 damage against monsters. Mine starts at 84 damage against monsters without any buffs. :wink: