Bone Dragon Boycott

Above having incredible traits, wraith also has a very strong spell. More true damage then Moloch, and if it roles on steal mana, then youll drain all the enemy mana and be ready to cast spell again.
Only thing common about wraith is mono color xD

5 Likes

I donā€™t disagree with any of your points. However in practice I have never found the Wraithā€™s spell to have a meaningful impact on the outcome of games, probably due to the semi-insane play of the AI in randomly picking foes (my troops) which are of no threat. Then if they do pick the ā€œright troopā€, more often than not the RND nature of the spell means it mostly fizzles. I literally cannot think of a single time the Wraith cast has ever done anything to make me sweat.

Ive got one case where he kept rolling on stealing mana and draining me every turn.
But his spell is strong, but not to strong. Traits however, made me lose a few matches which otherwise wouldnt be lost.

Iā€™m still of the opinion that, like EK got, his mana counter should be just a bit higher. I constantly see him squeezed into a random synergetic three troop team, and the AI just goes straight for filling him up. They get two lucky mana surges and theyā€™re off to the races. So all Iā€™m asking for is it to be like 15 or 16, and Iā€™ll have a much better chance to set myself up in more than two turns.

2 Likes

I agree with the comments about Wraith. BD is annoying, but heā€™s easy to beat. But Wraith has such a low mana cost and that annoying trait, that itā€™s nearly impossible to stop him. So itā€™s not so much a good strategy as RnG that determines how the match goes. I loathe Wraithā€¦

2 Likes

Wraithā€™s ā€˜win conditionā€™ is too solid for a common troop. Hit them once. Done. Theyā€™re probably screwed now.

Really?

Obviously Bone needs to go too.

3 Likes

Why canā€™t people learn to use counter teams/cards and quit crying about something they believe overpowered, I for one like using him in certain invades since the AI is crap nowā€¦cascade after cascade with 4 matches in betweenā€¦

no one is crying over Korvash,Mab,Spirit Fox and any of the insanely overpowered mythic horsemen

1 Like

Have you tried using a defense team that simply has fewer traits unlocked? Sometimes this will lower your score just enough to be out of the perpetual meta team range. Using less levels at high end could still provide an interesting battle for at least some people while lowering your score significantly. A full team of level 5/untraited/mythic ascended troops will give you a lower defense team score than a single level 20 fully traited one, and if you have a lot of kingdom bonuses, can still be an interesting fight for many people in that score range.

I find mab with her freeze on 4/5 combines way more annoying then the bone dragon.
That stuff should be removed from the game right away, it was a huge mistake to put in.
Freeze on spell cast, okā€¦ freeze on combinesā€¦ come on.

Whatā€™s next?
Chance of devour on 4/5 combines?

you dont have to switch to one troop defense, a change would already made partially under-leveled under-ascended under-traited team, something like 4x legendary lv19 with missing 3 traits for example, experiment if you can (althought i do know most ppl dont under-develop their troops in purpose and game doesnt encourage to that at all so its problematic)

(also sorry, this is first week that i actually use bone dragon on my defense but its still just lv1 untraited legendary so ppl can one shot it )

well im stiill waitig on thick head unit which cleanses random ally on 4+ match trait :slight_smile:

after BD nerf everyone will set their defence teams to justice/mab.

5% chance to devour on 4-5 gem matches :smiley:
I hate those 5% skills and traits. they need to remove them

I think I agreeā€¦ as they already have the super powerful extra turn reward.

I donā€™t have any under leveled/under ascended troops so itā€™s either help out the community and face a bunch of Bone Dragon teams or set my defense to 1 troop and screw everybody else.

Nothing like encouraging anti-social behavior.

2 Likes

Another person that doesnā€™t understand the argument.

1 Like

What?

In the last few weeks, Iā€™ve abandoned the 1-troop defense in order to field event troops and help out my fellow players.

During that same time, I amassed my longest win streak ever - more than 500 wins more than my previous win streak that I got when I was about level 200.

Several hundred of those wins were against Wraith / Courage / Bone Dragon combos. Wraith is easy to beat, thereā€™s nothing about him that makes him ā€œimpossibleā€. Bone Dragon is easy to beat.

Itā€™s about these troops having powers that are well above and beyond other troops of their base rarity, which in turn makes them over-prevalent in the defense meta.

Let me repeat - ALL troops in this game are easy to beat. There isnā€™t one troop that isnā€™t. But there are 5 or 6 troops that appear in EVERY PVP match offered and thatā€™s not healthy for the game. That is why Wraith needs nerfed. That is why Bone Dragon needs nerfed.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve taken an ā€œif you canā€™t beat them, join themā€ approach by fielding my own Bone Dragon team this week. Itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve ever had more defence victories than defeats, and itā€™s extremely strong in offense, too.

The only reason I care about Defence victories is because the game keeps flashing the PvP icon to tell me whether Iā€™ve won or lost. As long as thatā€™s there, Iā€™ll try to put out the strongest defense team I can. That is the point of the game after all.

1 Like

When the strongest defense teams canā€™t top more than about 40% win rate, no thatā€™s not the point of the game. Thatā€™s pretty obvious.

1 Like