Bishop to King 4

Famine nerf is not working!!!

My first PVP match this week and I encounter Famine. Still needs 20 mana to charge…

@Sirrian @Nimhain @Saltypatra

3 Likes

Famine’s nerf was not published yet. If you play on steam, at least, you should expect an update first.

I believe the nerf to famine will be coming later tonight / tomorrow before GW to avoid conflicting with GW / weekly change overs.

Ah, OK, apparently I spoke to soon then… :frowning:

Oh come on no other true damage troop in the game pays a tax that high for its damage being true, paying twice the mana per damage to comparable non true damage troops.
By that logic Crimson Bat would have to cost 30 mana, Tesla around 40, Spirit Fox 15+ etc. etc. It is only Jotnar a troop that is also heavily limited and restricted in other ways.

3 Likes

uhh, i just noticed that despite the weekly reset famine is still at mana cost 20, and now the dmg boost is not 2:1 but x2! Is it intended or what?!?!

1 Like

The boost has always been x2. The mana cost change hasn’t gone through yet, and will likely happen later tonight or tomorrow before GW.

I may be wrong, but IIRC famine was first 24 mana and boost 1:1, then 20 mana and 2:1
Again, maybe is just me, but i never recall it being x2

EDIT: seems my memory failed me. Ty very much @Ozball

1 Like

Was buffed from x1 to x2 soon after he came out.

3 Likes

I was in Whitehelm earlier today, and OMG, you gotta do something about those paladins…

I was surprised that not all whitehelm troops were high… Those guys are smoking up all over the place!

1 Like

WISH the change to Famine had been to lower the drain boost from x2 to x1 - having it be at twice mana drained still makes him unbeatable. So if you have not been fortunate enough to get Famine in the key lottery - always at disadvantage.

1 Like

It’s as @Ozball said. We didn’t want the nerf going out before Guild Wars for the week was finished so as not to affect the results.

Well +2 is like famine never been nerfed anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Why do you wound me like this? I thought we had something special.

I was kidding, +2 is better then nothing , im just not sure if it really gonna change something

Nothing personal @Saltypatra you know i love you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Gard is way too OP this week!

I’ll PM you my address so you can send me a cheque …

:smile:

3 Likes

Hey I legitimately killed a Famine that had 21 mana. So there. ^^

5 Likes