Bird is the Word

Originally published at: Bird is the Word – Gems of War
B-b-b-bird, bird, bird. Bird is the word.

New Epic Troop: Prince Azquila

One day, Prince Azquila was sitting high up on a rocky perch, when he spied a Lapina far below him.
The Lapina waved hello.
Prince Azquila nodded back.
Then the Lapina called out, “Oh Great Prince, would you mind terribly if I rested here a while like you?”
Prince Azquila nodded his approval, and the Lapina quietly sat down to rest.
A moment later, a Dire Wolf jumped out from a nearby bush, killed the Lapina, and dragged her off for dinner.

The moral of the story?
If you want to sit around and do nothing, you should be sitting very, very high up.

Please note this Event only applies to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

15 Likes

1h earlier nice :slight_smile: i hope you still found some time to celebrate with your family sirrian

I thought it’s very hard to catch a Lapina?

Thanks, but are we supposed to guess which kingdom this is a part of? I would suggest that 99.9% of us have not memorized the logos on the bottom right of the card to be able to adequately associate them with specific kingdoms. Usually the story details the kingdom, but no indication here…the new one perhaps?

@VegaDark541 yes new kingdom

1 Like
8 Likes

Console event update pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xD

1 Like

I like this one better, also I think more people had seen this before that.

7 Likes

The best Bird is the Word reference from one of the best movies made:

Not sure how to embed like you guys do

Edit again: how do you embed vids???

1 Like

I knew that would come up but if you’ve seen the Trashmen performance, Peter’s is even funnier because, as weird as it looks, it’s actually a pretty faithful reproduction of a 50 year-old stage performance…

2 Likes

Damn, I’m a special snow flake !
Oh, wait, my made-up-number-detector is ringing.

Well, no surprise on the new troop since we faced it in the story, kinda weird to have Arcane Sword traitstones for two weeks straigth but, hey, this time, it’s 2 per 400 glory :smiley:

Also, I wonder if Tezca wanted revenge for the poor Lapina of that story, I mean, the son of “the great unbeaten sun king” could have saved the poor creature :frowning:

I’d be curious to hear what your estimate of the player base is that has memorized the association of logos to the kingdom. I’ve been playing this over a year and have many parts of the game memorized, and this is not one of them.

3 Likes

Is no one else thinking about the Lapina children?! Oh, the humanity!

I’d say most of the people on the forum knows them, but then again, most of the people on the forums have played the game for a while and are not the majority of the players (although they are the majority of the people that will see the original post).

I’d say 70% of the forumers know their Kingdoms icons, but only 25% of the total players do.
But these are made up numbers too. Anyway, I’d definitely not tab on a 99.9%, there are only 32 kingdom flags (counting in hero flag, but this one might have been forgotten by many more than what I estimated).

I think you are wildly overestimating. In fact, I’d double down and say at best 1 out of every 5,000 players who have ever played GoW can associate a logo to a kingdom, and maybe 3% of those who have registered on the forum. And yes, I’m making up numbers, but I think my made up numbers are far more in the realm of reality than your made up numbers.

4 Likes

I couldn’t identify more than a couple if forced, but given Prince A up there was all over the quests for the new Kingdom, and is of a type unique to said new Kingdom, it’s a safe bet that he’s from there. :slight_smile:

So are we also getting the three new Hero classes at the reset also?

2 Likes

They should go out around rest. There may be a delay as we will be deploying them out closer to reset.

6 Likes

I’ve been playing for two years. The kingdom logos mean nothing to me. You’re harassing @VegaDark541 for no reason other than recognizing the logo makes you feel superior. Nice one.

1 Like

I fall in the 30% who don’t know and don’t care to learn :slight_smile:

1 Like