Beta Client Stream

So with the Unity beta ongoing, and the go ahead to stream etc being given, I figured I’d try my hand at this whole streaming thing. And so without too much fanfare I’ll be streaming this afternoon at 2pm AEST (0400 GMT) at Twitch. I’m still new to all this, so expect a few bumps along the way. :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s awesome @Ozball. I’m in EST so will probably be sleeping, but if I can stay awake I’ll be watching. However, will an on-demand video be available later otherwise?

Uhhh no idea? :smiley: I’ll see if I can get it setup to be though.

2 Likes

When I was looking at Twitch a couple weeks ago, it seemed like you would need to add another piece of software for it to be able to post on-demand video after the fact. On console, it became clear that I would need to also add hardware and stream from my PS4, through my PC, to do it, so I just switched to YouTube where I could do it all in one step.

1 Like

I know OBS (the streaming program I’ll be using) can save the video recording as well so I could use that to upload it afterwards, but I’m not sure if I have the hard drive space for it.

It looked like it would be a lot simpler to do everything on a PC than what I was facing. Hope it works out! I’ll definitely watch some of this if you’re able to post it.

1 Like

Pushing this back about 10 minutes, also the VOD should be available for the next 14 days

Live now! 10char

EDIT: Thanks all who came! I might do this again sometime! :smiley:

EDIT2: VOD Avaliable here for the next 14 days: Twitch

3 Likes

Good stream @Ozball, enjoyed seeing the new features. And loved the accidental gold: “Don’t count your gems before they match” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks for doing that. I was a little surprised to see how much of what you were commenting on was old hat for console.

The console 3.05 release looks like it will be all about orcs on speed.

3 Likes

@Ozball nice job streaming!

@Stan yep that’s what my post was about the other day after I watch Tacets preview. For all purposes the PC is getting the console version with KB+M support added.

I’m fine with the small console changes: Famine to 22, DM to 1 turn, Orcs, Trolls, plus a few others.

The big thing I’m my book as the versions are almost identical now: All the little things I’ve been posting/requesting for over a year are already being requested by the beta testers. Once it goes live: More voices more chance they get added/changed!

1 Like