This is not youtube's comment section

Hi, I’ve been using my account for over a year now and worked on it every single day…
I stumbled upon a cheating guide on how to get more turns in the treasure map. I tried it out of curiosity and surely enough, my account got banned. Any way of retrieving it? Not planning to start over from scratch…it would be nice if a game admin/dev would let me know if it’s permanent or temporary. If it is permanent, then good bye game. A good reason to quit the game, cause it started to become pretty addicting…
thank you!

Curiosity killed the cat

2 Likes

No, you were banned for being a cheater. Bye!

3 Likes

There is your problem right there - treasure maps!

You’re best off sending a ticket to support about this issue (https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us) It’s unlikely you will get a public reply on the issue.

4 Likes

Treasure maps lol. What a waste :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

12 Likes

If you’re going to jail, at least rob a bank. Not stealing a pack of gum.

6 Likes

You played for over a year and were curious if you could cheat without getting caught?
Well, at least now you know the outcome/answer.

5 Likes

3 Likes

12 Likes

As they say, cheats don’t prosper :+1:

2 Likes

Im just surprised you came on here asking for your account to be unbanned.

1 Like

OP thought it could be done because s/he said that “s/he would quit if they had to start over, which is good because it became addictive”. You know, the devs are desperate to keep all cheaters here because they may perhaps spend some money if they stayed.

Yes, I agree - the idea usually comes from kids that think they can outsmart the parents.

1 Like

That’s because good sense is not exactly a requirement on the internet. At some point you’ll get acostumed to this truth and very few things will surprise you. :laughing:

1 Like

As some annoying singer once said:

:musical_note: cry me a river … :musical_note:

This is exactly what you should do.

2 Likes

I just realized what’s worse than a “cheater”…people thinking this is youtube’s comments section and “trying” to be “funny”. There’s a difference between a cheater and someone who’s simply testing something to see whether it works or not. But again, there’s no point trying to argue with people who do not respect the forum rules. You’re “cheating” the forum rules, so what makes you better than a “cheater” in any other field??. …and for those who actually tried to help, thank you!

Here’s a reminder

Welcome to Gems of War | Forums — thanks for contributing!

Does your reply improve the conversation in some way?

Be kind to your fellow community members.

Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people.

I would suggest, in the future, if you don’t wish to have people express their opinions on the matter, you keep things appropriately private and don’t post this sort of thing on a public forum. Account issues are by their nature a matter between you and the company, and there are several means at your disposal to have a private conversation.

3 Likes

This is why you test those kinds of things on a throwaway account so you don’t ruin your primary account when you realize it’s not worth it.

1 Like