Balance perspective on ability scaling

if you mean the empowered troops then nope - i dont think they shoul be boosted, also i dont think true damage troops should be boosted, and also i dont think all single damage should be simply doubled without any consideration to the side effects, but i think most of them still should, after you filter out the ones that shouldnt (which will still mean most of them should get a boost)

I sincerely believe that @KrudlerTheHorse is not only completely missing the point but also the balance point of view. All the examples he has given were … Oneshotters even today. Scaling of Armor, Attack and whatnot, missing the magic part of the topic whatsoever. The proposed only mentioned scaling of magic, thus increasing any damage dealt by 15 (at best) at highest levels. For every troop, without exception excluding other ratios the troop uses.

Also, he even confirmed that picking a single-target troop implies bad strategy.
That - I find strange, given his side on this matter but I would like to avoid that part of the discussion.

So what have we learned so far is that:

• Troops with single-troop targeting (damage, heal, armor etc.) are out of date and imbalanced because of the progress of the game and power creep it brought
  • Troops that do not fall into that category are troops that survived thanks to their utility or because they do not go by magic when it comes to their effects

Any contradicting points actually implied that simply going for troops that are single-target oriented is a bad strategy, and shouldn’t be invested into - which I find as a precious piece of information.

Thank you all for your valuable opinions so far! Even though the thread went a bit off-topic for a second, it is a well-written thread with valuable insights. Feel free to add anything else that comes to your minds, good or bad alike.

1 Like

TLDR: picking almost any single target damage spell troop is currently bad strategy, because they’re pants. Unless a secondary effect fits your team comp and supports the troops that can actually kill things. Thus things need adjusting so that far fewer troops are pants.

@peterix you’ll probably like the big troop buff thread that we have going on… it’s alphabetical: look for buffs A-H so far… (am on mobile so can’t search out link very well)

2 Likes
3 Likes

Thank you @Jainus and @htismaqe . I believe I will enjoy the thread big time.