Ascending From Mythic To.....Celestial?

I like these various cosmetic options. Skins, if you like.

New art was suggested at one point, however that costs devs a lot of money and has system implications / memory use etc etc for implementing. Shame, as it’d be nice.

Upgraded card look and feel might be nice.

I’d rather see this come with ‘use that troop 100 times’ requirements (with a money or gems purchase option to help monetise), than any form of ascension.

Yeah like he said.

Even better, could add personalised card-frames (skins again :smiley: )… even one different design per kingdom, which only applies to Mythic cards… e.g. Broken Spire frame is brown/blue tinted, with red dragon tails/wings entwined… etc… Unlocks at say kingdom power level 9 or 10, or can be purchased for cash or gems…

6 Likes

cosmetics that are totally free (kingdom power / victory count) are not beneficial enough to put dev work on it imo

sure kingdom power requires a lot of card collection but if a collector wants that cosmetic frame it means they are goign to want kingdom power first anyway so for them it comes free

and since it comes free then the wallet warriors wont feel like needing to spend on it - not as much if it was via ascension

@Isis_Kitty, @Jainus
i dont really understand you guys, do you simply want it easier obtainable? since its just cosmetic it should be implemented the way it requires spending additional resources in order to obtain it. reaching kingdom power is no additional resources. fighting battles also isnt

my idea for shiny card would be the whole image has a glow/animation effect - it can be same glow for all the cards or it can depend on the kingdom

[details=example of glow/animation effect]
without:

with the glow:
[/details]

Please, no more ascending. I’ve disenchanted so many extra copies of mythics /base legendary troops because we were told this would never happen so I’d be really pissed if this decision was reversed. More power levels aren’t required and if you want shiny skins then maybe they should be available to buy separately for a small monetary outlay. Just my opinion.

5 Likes

I warned you guys!

1 Like

I personally like the shiny card idea as well. :+1:

Same problem if you play on console without glasses;)

In all seriousness I wish it was easier to distinguish Kingdoms and it would be nice to know base rarity in some screens.

1 Like

I like the “Foil” idea (to borrow a term from M:tG).

Must have at Mythic.
Must have 4 copies.
Pay 50? gems.
Get foil version and it is removed as an option from random chests.

That way it doesn’t increase power directly, it doesn’t require additional copies of cards, it is easy to track (tracking # of battles with each card is a database bloat), it consumes resources, and it gives both cosmetic and utility to incentivize players to buy.

8 Likes

This is brilliant!
And removing it from chests gives incentive to those players who don’t care about cosmetic upgrades!!
+1000 to this!!! :wink:

sounds good

if it was base mythic then i think its fine,
but imagine removing the ultra rares epics and legendaries u dont want for a glory/gem chests - it would become too much beneficial per chest opening, that would have to cost way more then 50 gems if added at all

after some more thinking maybe the cost should scale depending on base rarity (and generally cost more or much more)
sorry im pulling out a lot of gems like this but were talking about end game feature

something like:
mythic 100 gems
legendary 200gems
epic 300gems
ultra rare 350 gems
rare 400 gems
common 450 gems

unless removing them would mean souls are dropped instead of these cards (not changing drop rates of remaining cards)

I know the devs read all this… but this one is worth prodding @sirrian @Nimhain on…

3 Likes

I’ve posted on the concept before. The point of removing is to shrink the pool so you’re more likely to get what you need (and by the time you’re doing this, you don’t need souls). There are 70 URs in the game. If you have one left to ascend trying to get it is a serious PITA as you only have a 1 in 70 shot of getting it. If you spent 2000 gems to Foil 40 of the UR, then your odds go to 1 in 30. And it would be a 3500 gem investment to Foil them all to make future URs easier.

And I assumed if you removed all Ultra-Rare troops and then rolled to get one, you’d get the corresponding rarity traitstone (Runic)

1 Like

yes, i perfectly understand the concept
i simply believe 2000 gems in this case is too cheap as you would be reducing drop rates from 1:70 to 1:30 (more then 2x better chances)
please just calculate (or try to imagine) the gem cost difference in the cost of chest pulls to actually get the card to mythic with scenario a) no drop rates changed and b) drop rates changed the way we talk about. in the a) its costing way more then a 50gem per chance increase

1 Like

The “tangible benefits” are minimal. Completionists will want to get those shinies!

1 Like

This completionist couldn’t care less about shinies when there’s 3 or 4 mythics that are currently completely out of reach…

Gives you something to do in the meantime. I would totally go for shiny mythic of the ones I do have.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not into shiny stuff. I’d rather spend my time working towards something that actual affects the outcome of the game. I’ve never been into cosmetics. That’s just me.

1 Like

I am into shiny pokemons! :wink:

Love the new profile pic Eika! Please consider keeping it forever. :smile:

2 Likes