Are exploders glitched?

I’m finding that exploders in PVP are blowing up gems and then match 4 and 5’s are raining down from the sky. This is resulting in 4-5 turns in a row. I just don’t understand it! Am I making this up or are others experiencing this?

Example: Ragnagord makes one match of red and fills up. When it explodes, it drops extra turns, explodes again, gets an extra turn, then famine shoots. Rinse and repeat next turn.

2 Likes

Are you on console or pc mobile?

I’m playing on pc

1 Like

I also am feeling that on pc there is always a bonestorm.

1 Like

This is just how it goes now. Use a good team or lose.

1 Like

Is this happening for you? or the AI? or both?

1 Like

I feel the same… With an advantage for the AI (it could recall bias…): when I cast Ragna, he creates 4-turns for the AI, but when the AI casts the same troop, he creates 4-turns and get it…
Devs said that players had an advantage before 3.0.5 in terms of luck compared to AI and it seems to me that they reverse the luck machine…
But as I said it’s just a feeling :wink: .

1 Like

My TDS is droppin mad 4s and 5s for me on mobile… Usually colors but skulls every now n then

2 Likes

it’s both ways for me.
Best tactic is using a freezer or vines, then explode stuff.

1 Like

Even here, finally. :relaxed::relieved:

3 Likes

I’ve seen pretty massive cascades after using explorers on both AI and player side, on PC and Mobile, on both Unity and the old Adobe version. However, keeping in mind that most cascades of a given size will have more impact on Unity as you’ll usually get more mana for a given instance (no glitched 6+ matches only giving you credit for 5 gems, blobs will resolve as more individual matches, match 4s able to surge) the magnitude and frequency of secondary cascades also seems greater on Unity. Skulls also do seem to be more frequent on Unity (both sides), even during a color storm. Anything that clears a large (sometimes small) amount of space on the board will trigger said cascades, not just explodes.

Again, no bias toward the AI, although defense teams generally have troops that can take better advantage of said cascades (Famine is a good example here).

2 Likes

It works both ways the extra turns. Nothing to see or anything new here for console players Devs and @Ozball . :roll_eyes:

Enjoy those extra turns. You will adapt and not even notice them soon.

2 Likes

Question: Is this specifically with exploders? Do spells like Abhorath’s not produce the same effect?

This is specifically with exploders for me. I get a fair amount of extra turns from it as well. I don’t use exploders often but have been experimenting since noticing this. Although it happens for me as well I feel like the AI get an extra turn about 75% of the time. This is happening even with troops that only explode 5 gems.

it is like storm spell is active for each explosion, but with different storm every time. enjoy while it last!

Exaggerate much @jeno

1 Like

Show me a good team with Abhorrath on it, and I’ll do some testing for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Abhorath
Eye of Xanthenos
Valkyrie
Famine

Is a team I used about 300 levels ago.

1 Like

It has always been like this for me.
… Always. One of the reasons why The Dragon Soul is arguably the best and most used troop for PvP farming.
EDIT: PC

It is the reason I dusted off less popular explosers, like Skullbeard, Nobend, Herdmaster, and Herdmaster.

I also will repost my “No brain deck” that wins even more now:
Gorgotha
TDS
Skullbeard
Whatever you want but I suggest Nobend.