Arcane Plains Stones (Y/P) What troops would you trait?

I’m doing Shadow Dragon since I’ve got a deck idea I’m wanting to try that uses him, and I’ve been trying for the Arcanes for weeks with no luck :S I also don’t have IK so that makes that decision easy for me.

I thought about getting all the traitstones for Venoxia when they were available a couple of weeks ago, then thought, “Eh, I don’t have Venoxia, who knows when I’ll get her.”

Welp, got her a couple of days ago and I have no traitstones and I’m mad at myself.

1 Like

Ouch yeah that would hurt. I don’t generally have enough Glory to ever consider getting a large amount of these packs. This week has been my largest, where I had over 1000 glory to spend when it changed over.

This is what I thought it was before Plague’s colors were publicly known. Given that War was primarily Red, Famine primarily Brown, and Plague appears to be primarily Green, I would guess Death is Purple/Red/Yellow, is primarily Purple, and needs Purple/Yellow and Purple/Red. I really freaking hope he doesn’t need Red/Yellow.

I should probably get a few more Hellcats …

1 Like

I would definately lean toward Infernal King. But Green Seer is a good choice if you run a board control team. For me when I had multiple troops needing the same stones it came down to what team was I using. What troop is in that favourite team? Or what troop do I need to do to build that new and more powerful team to switch too.

As others have said . . . . very tough choice.

Credit to @Eika
List of troops per Arcane stone(+Mythics/Classes)

PLAINS - Yellow/Purple(116) - Divinion Fields
Atlanta 12
Banshee 2
Faunessa 12
Green Seer 12
Hellcat 12
Jackelope 2
Infernal King(L) 16
Herdmaster 3
Ice Witch 12
Nymph 2
Sacrificial Priest 3
Shadow Dragon(L) 16
Tassarion 12

IK is the obvious one to finish first - after that it is much more based on what teams you want to use and also what Kingdoms you are trying to 3/5 Star

1 Like

I’ve traited Infernal King because he is playable in many combinations and after that i traited Tassarion because he and Borealis were the only troops of Glacial Peaks not fully traited. Now i’m missing only Borealis traits. :slight_smile:

Watch, Death’s 3rd trait will be Death Mark on 4 or 5 Gem matches, disappointing everyone. (While at the same time being surprisingly strong considering after 2 turns there’s as much chance for killing an enemy troop as there is for curing them. Idk, speculation and stuff!)

Which brings us to ‘doesn’t refreshing a Death Mark restart its duration and put the troop back in the safe zone?’ which would make that kind of useless.

Thank you everyone for weighing in the pros and cons. That’s an interesting point Shimrra about eventually having “too many mono Arcanes” than we can shake a stick at-- although I’m hardly swimming in anything at this point, heh.

Infernal King it is, then. Fully traited Faunessa also looks good to me. From the replies above, I still have a question that’s been lurking in the back of my mind for a while. Namely, no one’s keen on suggesting Herdmaster as an additional possibility. Why?

I mean, he’s got insta mana generation and an AOE cleanse against Burn and Freeze etc, as well as a means of refreshing the board. Though of course Banshee provides better deck control than he does… Is the actual issue that Herdmaster doesn’t do enough damage on his turn or generate enough mana, or what is it, really?

Just my POV here but–Herdmaster is fantastic in arena. He can generate a TON of mana and the cleanse is useful.

But in PVP he’s too fragile to fill the first slot and his traits don’t change that. Wildfolk bond? Is anyone making a wildfolk team? And then Leader, which is not enough of a buff to make him a proper tank. Impervious is great.

I really like Herdmaster but every time I look at those traits I think, “Ehhhh. Maybe next time.”

1 Like

That’s too bad about this otherwise useful troop being too fragile. I don’t know whether replacing his Wildfolk bond with perhaps the Huge trait of gaining life would help.

Similar case in point: for ex, the only thing that makes a Treant viable in the leader position is that his traits afford him sufficient protection from skull damage. Since I can’t yet trait Treant, I stopped using him and don’t even consider him anymore for PvP. :frowning:

I’m using Herdmaster/Soothsayer/Valkyrie/Druid against medium difficulty teams to earn some extra souls. But it’s too weak against 7000+ teams.

1 Like

At present, it does not appear that either of the remaining horsemen the will require Arcane Plains.

1 Like

Don’t say that.

Please not Arcane Storm please not Arcane Storm…

1 Like

Nope, no Storm either.

Unless it’s too much of a spoiler, what does peering into your Crystal Ball reveal (future events always subject to change of course)?

If I were you, I’d stock up on:

Arcane Swamp Traitsones
Arcane Venom Traitsones
Arcane Spirit Traitstones
Arcane Dark Traitsones

2 Likes

Huh. That makes way more sense for Death but I figured they were going to keep the color-coded cycle for some reason. … Damn, Arcane Dark is a pain too lol.

Wellp, if you’re willing to spend $$$, there’s a pack in the shop right now…