Any suggestions on how to get people to join a Brand New Guild?

Created my own Guild last week, and so far I have 1 member (me). I suppose advertising that my guild is number 32,767 probably won’t get much attention. So, any other suggestions?

1 Like

Just make sure that it’s open and not join by invite only. Also you could start a thread here on the forums for your guild, and hopefully invite some people. :smile_cat:

1 Like

I would say,

1. Advertise here on the forums. In your thread, make it clear what kind of player you’re looking for and how much you’re expecting to contribute (play time, gold, seals, etc.).
  2. Make sure your guild is available to be joined without requiring an invitation.
  3. Advertise in global chat when you’re online.
    It’s going to be an uphill climb, but it can be done if you’re committed. Also, since you have very little invested right now, consider whether it might make more sense to just join a more established guild.
    The guild I’m in was started by someone who did exactly what you’re doing and it is now the number 4 guild on PS4.
1 Like

Free popcorn is a winner

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat here.

With the right thread you can get players. I would add that its a growing guild for all players, that way it appeals to newbies and casual players who want things easy going. Also the PS4 as long as its open for all to join should get filled up quicker than the PC.
One thing that appeals to players is a committed enthusiastic guild master, and one who will put the time to make the guild a winner, aim to put that across in your thread and you should start to get players.
I’m a new guildmaster on the PC here so know its can be challenging, I wish you good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi I wish you the best of luck in building your Guild I did it with my first Guild Robin Puds Merry Men now they are ranked around 110 I think so it can be done with hard work.I stepped away from the Puds left it in good hands and started a new Guild set up to help new players,most Guilds don’t want low levels I started yesterday and have 3 members already.I’m a level 560 player so if you don’t want the pain of starting a Guild your more than welcome to join The Unwanted Knights there’s a 2nd in command rank if you want it.
If you want help at any time your welcome to PSN Sir-Waylander and i’ll help where I can.

Again I wish you all the best in your future adventures in GoW

2 Likes

Humor worked for me. Present yourself as the bottom with a generous helping of humor. Set clear objectives and intents. Get to know other GMs. This helps with referals and posts of support.
Present a a image at the top of your recruiting post. It shows you are putting in the effort to advance your guild. Mostly be honest. The more effort you put into your post the better. Have fun with the post and people will respond.
Lyndale
Drums Of Thunder

2 Likes

Oh one other thing. Set an avatar picture thats clearly yours instead of the S.

2 Likes

I love how people are still giving really good advice when the original poster’s original post is still his only post, and he hasn’t logged into the forum for 3 days. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I have decided to just join an existing group. The group I found is in like the top 500 and very active.

2 Likes

good to know because players are shrinking real quick

Where do you get this stuff? All I see is that every week as I do the same amount of PVP, more and more people are ahead of me at the end of each week. To me, that means that more and more players are playing, and more and more of those players are playing more. That sounds like a growing player base to me. Also, the devs have said several times over the last few months that they are seeing significant growth on all platforms without doing any advertising.

Unless you mean that players themselves are actually shrinking, like in “Honey, I shrunk the kids”, or something. That would be terrible.

Glad to hear it! Please take advantage of the forums to pick up game tips, ask questions and meet people. There are lots of helpful people around and this seems to be the best source of information, since the game is always changing and there is no comprehensive documentation anywhere.

That doesn’t coincide with steam’s numbers. The game has never had more players according to them.

3 Likes

Morose has been trolling several topics with his “facts” . Sadly this is his normal form of communication here. Let him burnout like the other past trolls.

1 Like

setting certain guild requirements sure would help in recruiting

but if you dont want to set any requirements for now, you can still convince ppl with your personal appeal and attitude - i mean prove to them that you have sense of humor or are communicative, that you are active and dedicated, that you care, that you have some idea of the goals to where to lead the guild, anything of such sort can help, also be friendly

edit: i just notice you dont need it anymore, leaving it for others anyway