Advice for which legendary to lvl-up/trait

• Kraken - Hands down the best legendary of this color for traiting, but you may want to look at Spirit Fox first, possibly Siren and Star Gazer as well for trait priority just because of their low relative cost and utility. Despite being able to devour, most people do not use Kraken up front, but rather behind a green seer, giant spider, (or both, especially with a traited Kraken). I find he does work well up front if you count him as expendable for his color, for example, to cover the purple spot in the team I mentioned above (Kraken/Kryst/Valk/Behemoth), traits or not, because he also spawns blue with his spell. You might not get a lot out of Kraken in this team while still leveling kingdoms as he is fairly fragile and you will largely be ignoring his mana colors unless you get them from cascades, since your priority is filling Valk and Krystenax above all else rather. If you do happen to fill him, though, his spell is perfect for this setup, and if he dies, no big loss either (except maybe that you could have been using a necro troop instead).

A popular team for Kraken is:
(anything leaving either seer or spider completely unblocked)
Green Seer
Giant Spider (traited to at least magic link)
Kraken (works best with all three traits)

Banner varies depending on what you put up front, but green/purple is a good choice if you are unblocked on both those colors, as well as Frozen Banner (2 blue, 1 purp, -1 red).

Green Seer and Giant Spider feed each other and Kraken in a closed mana loop - just dont take it versus freeze. A red/brown up front (eg., lava elemental) covers every color, but is also completely unnecessary to cover every color when you have two converters that can feed each other, so long as they remain relatively unblocked. The front troop is entirely expendable, as the giant spider can easily summon and replace anything that gets killed through random skull hits, but the converter loop will also get you a bunch of random skulls.

The spell can be very powerful but is not for everyone, though, being a gem spawn, even with a lot of blue on the board it can miss both the devour and set up blue for your opponent, putting you in a bad spot, especially if you are facing a Khorvash. If you have something else keeping blue on the board (or use another converter and make sure you don’t target blue), you have a chance at both a devour and an a good chance at the extra turn, and some extra damage on everyone if traited, to boot. If you use him with Giant Spider, for example, try not to convert out blue because you have a chance at blue getting you the extra turn and filling spider, which you can use to fill Kraken again. In the Krysteneax team, you should usually have a bunch of blue on the board, just hope you don’t miss.

Wow thanks! I checked my collection and i have both Green Seer and Giant Spider and i think i’ll be able to get necessary traits for them. I will definetly try both variants wtith Krys and the Basic Kraken one teams. Now at least i see that this card is rally usefull.

Also you said in the Seer/Spider/Kraken team, that the frist spot can be used by any Red/Brown color troop, so how about using my Sheggra or Jarl in this case? Also in the Kryst team i have fully traited Valk, should i trait Behemoth or Kryst or just let them as they are?

Oh and by the way i’ve got Princess Elspeth from the new kingdom, is she worth doing something with her?=)

Thanks a lot again for complex and professional answers!!!

You don’t need any of Green Seer’s traits, and they are expensive for relatively low effect because she is an Epic.
You don’t need Giant Spider’s traits past Magic Link, though Big is also useful. Venemous is pretty useless and uses the coveted Swamp Arcane, don’t bother.

For a red/brown in the seer/spider team, you want either longevity for stalling out skulls or something you can sneak a spell in with without interrupting your flow of converting stuff to green and purple. They’ll only fill via cascades anyway unless you have no choice but to take their colors. Sheggra and Jarl you both want to get a lot of reds on deck for their spells to be effective (red and yellow, in Jarl’s case) and as such are not really suitable for this spot since red is one of the first colors you’ll want to convert away since it is unimportant to your loop. With Jarl fully traited, you’ll be able to burn everyone by looping seer/spider, but the actual effect of this for the cost of traiting him is rather weak, especially when you consider Kraken is doing 3 damage to all on every 4/5 match with traits. Burn would be doing very little effect if you are keeping the turn as this team is designed to do.

I suggested Lava Golem because he is cheap to trait, has great trait synergy with his spell, and his spell explodes a single targeted gem, which you can possibly set up into an extra turn if you use it in the right spot, which, with two converters on deck, actually can happen quite a bit. He wont interrupt your flow. He can be traited for stoneskin, which allows you to stall a bit longer by ignoring skulls while you get your loop up. Golem (the regular brown common one) and Gorgon also fit the bill with targetable board mod spells you might be able to sneak in while looping, if you happen to get them filled. Dark Troll can also be used (no traits necessary) but he is squishier. Of the legendaries you have, Behemoth doesn’t majorly block your important mana to start the loop and could potentially get filled by Kraken, if he survives that long. He gets a ton of life with his legendary trait in looping teams, but I’m still going to say to save those stones for Khorvash unless you really like Behemoth even without the traits. Sylvanimora sort of fits the color profile, but is probably too big of a block at your level to get your Spider going after your first green convert. Normally, you’d do Seer/Spider/Kraken/Sylv, leaving Green Seer vulnerable up front but hopefully protected by entangle, but if she gets close to dying, make sure to leave blue on the board so you can switch from a green/purple loop to a blue/purple loop. The first slot in this team is normally otherwise expendable, because you have a summoner.

Elspeth is quickly becoming popular when fully traited to be able to turbo-charge any preselected color by putting a single color troop at the rear of the party and immediately targeting them with her spell, allowing 11 gem spawns of that color on the first turn. There are some interesting setups with this, but as this takes up two of your roster and requires her to be fully traited, this is more of a late game thing.

Thank you very much i already tortured you too much with all this questions=) I leveled up Sylvanimora yesterday and i am still around 12-14k souls so i think i will manage to lvl up everything i need and continue leveling up with these Kraken teams until i find something more Meta-viable and effective, because i am sick playing my own dumb teams without any logic for 70 levels). All your answers were really helpful and awesome, thanks!