Advice for which legendary to lvl-up/trait

Unfortunately, he’s one of the most useless troops in the game.

That’s why I said use Maw/Sheggra, really strong even without using arcanes.

Right, but the OP asking about which ones he should trait. :wink:

Ok so most of you guys consider Sheggra/maw/behemoth would be the most adequate choises, can you please suggest a team with some of them that would at least be playable before i get such important cards as Mercy, Hellcat, Infernal king, Khorvash etc.

Not specifically trait them, at least lvl them up)

Level Maw and Sheggra. Then choose the remaining two for the team based off your collection. You will be lacking green/blue/purple, so try to cover those. You need to power up Maw asap. You could try explosions for mana. Poison master perhaps.

Maw and Sheggra are good ones to level up, for sure. But I wouldn’t trait them. Here, how about this:

-Abhorath level maybe, trait no. Mab uses these colors and is way more important
-Behemoth level yes, trait only if necessary. Khorvash uses these colors and is one of the best troops in the game.
-Borealis level no, trait no
-Krystinax unsure, haven’t tried it out much yet
-Celestiana level no, trait no. Unless you plan on field some all-dragon teams I don’t find Celestasia to be that great
-Sylvanimora level yes, trait yes
-Shadow Dragon like Celestasia, only useful for some all-dragon teams, so no/no
-Sheggra level yes, trait no
-Gloom Leaf level no, trait no (unless HKdirewolf gets his way and they buff it)
-The Great Maw level yes, trait no
-Gor’Nak or something like that (orc one) not even worth typing the word “no” LOL
-Jarl Firemantle level yes, trait maybe? Certainly a better use of red/brown than Sheggra
-Wulfgarok as my mythic level no, trait no. Unless you’re just dying to use it, it’s probably best to leave it alone. Traiting mythics is REALLY expensive.

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys and sry for me being annoying maybe! I think ill be leveling up Sheggra/Maw and just keep traitstones for later drops. Thanks a lot again!!!

Do you have any troops traited yet? More specifically, any with empowered?

Maw
Manticore (really better with traits)
Poison master
Sheggra

This will kill people, Manticore if traited will help you stall better.

I would use frozen banner to power up poison master asap. Try to leave greens alone for bigger explosions.

I’ve only traited valkyrie and first trait for Alchemist thats all, and thanks for the suggested team ill try it!

Out of your list, Sylvanimora (and Jarl perhaps) is the one worth going out of your way to fully trait. In general the legendary traits that proc on 4-5 gem matches (Khorvash, Kraken, Mab) or provide extra dmg or status effect on skull hits (Bone Dragon, Archer, etc) are the best ones usually.
Save your Arcane Mountain (brown/yellow) and Arcane Spirit (blue/purple) for Gorgotha and Queen Mab respectively, they have the best two traits in the game in my opinion. Add Arcane Shield (blue/brown) for Khorvash while you’re at it…

3 Likes

No prob, hopefully you can pull Hellcat or Infernal King soon.

Krystenax is fairly unexplored as most people don’t have it yet, but I’ve found it goes very well with both The Dragon Soul and Valkyrie if you are interested in keeping a soul generator in your team.

Just for all purpose general use and PvP this is jumping out at me:
(anything not red/yellow, preferably something that uses purple preferred to cover every color)
Krystenax
Valkyrie
Behemoth

If/when the first troop dies, Krystenax can replace it with a summon… which is also purple, and has a conditional to create blue. You can put a Soothsayer or something up front instead of a purple to start the team off and get some magic bonuses and don’t have to worry about it dying since you have a summoner. The Legendary traits for Kyrsteneax/Behemoth are likely not going to be worth the stones at this time, but you want Soothsayer fully traited for Empowered if you use him (and valk of course). Alternatively, you could use something like a traited Zombie up front just to get the Necromancy bonus. As with any Valk team, you want a +1 banner on at least one of Valk’s colors (red/yellow, red/blue, yellow/blue, or lions, usually), but going all out with Dragon Banner works best when you have a low surge chance.

Strictly to trait… except for Sylvanimora and maybe Maw, I’d save your stones at this point. Sylvanimora is pretty versatile when traited, whereas Maw is fairly wasted if not in the first (or second, behind a fodder troop) and backed by skull spam. Though not required, an empowered Mercy (12 more swamp arcanes) is certainly useful if you plan on using Maw as well.

For pretty much every other troop on your list, there is a troop with either much better or much more necessary traits sharing their colors that when you unlock them you’ll want to trait them ASAP, or the traits are so average that you are better off saving them until you can use them on something to raise your star level in a kingdom.

Here’s my list:

• Abhorath - traitstones are much better used by Queen Mab. Okay troop otherwise. Usable but risky with or without traits. Huge trait lends a bit to his survival, while Sacrifice is barely even noticeable.

• Behemoth - traitstones are much better used by Khorvash. Decent troop otherwise. Siege is good, Impervious is great and Immense is decent, but Khorvash just gets so much out of his traits you’ll probably want to save them.

• Borealis - traitstones are more useful on lower rarity stuff, like Knight Coronet, Astral Spirit, Dryad, etc. If not, Celestasia is definitely a better contender for usable than Borealis. The new kingdom epic having empowered to quick charge potentially any color is also notable, but probably less so early on. While his spell does freeze all enemies to set up for his 3x damage, it also always gives up the turn to do so, and if there are skulls lined up when you cast, the enemy is going to take them, and on the second turn, freeze starts having a chance to fade. His spell also does very low damage for the mana cost.

• Kystenax - traitstones are much more useful on Mercy. Legendary trait is fairly unremarkable and secondary trait (stoneskin), while good, is slightly less useful since the troop is a summoner and therefore should be summoning fodder to block skulls rather than taking hits

• Celestasia - Celestasia has a great third trait, but is only a decent support troop otherwise. Your average Epic nowadays generally has a more powerful or cost effective spell. Good lead for teams with The Dragon Soul and Sylvanimora because she doesn’t block your important mana, but with any damage able to break the barrier including exploded skulls, multi-component spells, poison, burn, etc, its not exactly reliable either.

• Sylvanimora - might want also using two stones to trait Soothsayer first, but this otherwise probably the best use of this color’s stones

• Shadow Dragon - you can pick up the first trait only if you decide to use him, but he is mostly used with stuff like The Dragon Soul. Legendary Trait is near useless for nearly every configuration you’d use Shadow Dragon in. Not a whole lot of great traits stacked on this color, but you’d be better off saving them or using them to progress stars

• Sheggra - arguably one of the worst set of traits you can buy with arcanes on any legendary, and definitely a contender for worst Legendary trait. Stones are used by the Mechanist class, which probably wont mean much for you now, since it is primarily used for Bombot farming. Pick up Huge if you use her a lot, but don’t use arcanes on her. Not a lot of great options here. Lava Elemental is a good pick if you need a stoneskin of this color (slightly better than Gorgon IMO). Ragnagord’s second trait makes him a fast exploder, but this is very niche as Ragnagord is also very fragile. Traits aside, Sheggra is a solid skull generator when paired with something that can get a lot of reds on the board.

• Gloom Leaf - spell is too slow to be universally usable, trait isnt good enough to be a threat. Not a ton of great options for red/green, but lots of decent ultra-rares to trait in this category, as well as Dragon Cruncher’s impervious if you want to have a specific dragon counter team

• The Great Maw - solid traits, but Gorgotha’s legendary trait is better. You’ll probably want to save on the off chance you get him. If you find yourself using Maw a lot, he might be worth traiting, though.

• Gar’Nok - traits to build up attack and resist skull damage… but hes a summoner with legendary trait that only works in the rear slot… Many people consider him one of the worst legendaries and one of the most ill-fitting set of traits as well. My pick for this color would be Terraxsis, though most would say Moloch. Fire Lizard is an okay pick for this color if you want to build a Jarl team.

• Jarl - much better traits than Sheggra, but still pretty niche. Still kind of hard to use in the current meta, even at lower levels, where you can easily be wiped out if you miss a single cast. If you can’t make him work without the traits, he probably wont work with them, so decide whether you like him or not before traiting.

• Wulfgarok - unfortunately, I’ve only found a couple teams where he can even function and they are usually more effort than they are worth. Traits cost 42 arcanes, which is not something I would invest in before you at least have some decent kingdom stars. If you insist on using him without traits, he goes well with the hero weapon Mang (which you don’t get until 40 red/brown hero mastries, so probably a while off still) and Grave Knight if you can use them to get a troop in kill range of his spell so you can get the devour off, but he just blocks so much mana of all the wrong colors (he blocks most stuff that can charge him) if you want to actually use that extra life and attack and put him up front. He is also really fragile to start off, though his attack is high. Templar and Dryad are okay supports that can feed his color while also being unblocked by him. Fenrir and Forest Guardian also go well with him since he is also considered a Beast, but they are much harder to fill with him up front.

While I was building up, I would normally level a new troop to about 15 every once in a while to see how I liked them and decide if they were worth going all the way with. If nothing else, having at least small stash of souls on hand to level and try new stuff when you find yourself getting in a rut is also good. I believe my safety net was usually around 5k souls, which is enough to level a single troop to a decent level on the fly (say, an event troop that looked fun) which I slowly expanded to 20k so I could test out entire new teams if I wanted to.

Kingdom Stars are also worth going for, but only if can guarantee an advance to 1*, 3*, or 5* with what you currently have on hand, otherwise they just needlessly tie up resources on troops you aren’t using. I’ve found you need an average of about 30k souls to easily three star a kingdom where you have 9 troops (with possibly some minimal traits, it should be less for kingdoms with more troops now if you level stuff evenly), and about 45-50k souls and 10-11 troops to 5 star with minimal traits. If want to level stuff to go for stars, its best to calculate how many levels/traits you can easily get on the spot to see if you can get the necessary stars before committing the souls and/or stones so you can keep your options open. The first gold star and three star levels of kingdoms get you better tributes, which gives you better passive income, which stacks up quite a bit if you collect often. If the kingdom has 8 or less troops unlocked, getting three star will require a bunch of traits, and five star is impossible without level 20/fully traited everything, so don’t bother with those (yet).

Good luck!

4 Likes

My choice is hard to make but if you can only do one it’s Sheggra or Sylvanimora.

1 Like

Holy hell - if you can extend that to cover more troops, I’d say put it in a new thread in guides. This is awesome info I’ve been wondering about.

1 Like

I’d say Jarl because with that last trait with courage he’s awesome. I’m currently running a hellcat /Courage /Jarl /Mercy attack team and its bloody good fun!
Sylvanimora and gorgotha

Other notable mentions go towards saving the correct stones for mab (a must) and korvash (still not got the bastard despite being level 770 - vip 5) when they eventually drop.

Considering your limited resources you should only trait Sylvanimora imo. Only if you fully trait it though. Whatever you do, do NOT waste your arcanes on traiting Sheggra. Sheggra’s traits are pathetic.

1 Like

You answer is just great, thanks a lot for all that useful information and analytics for each carf. I will alao try tthat team with Krystinax you mentioned. Also, yes, all this info can be just used to create a separate topic for people like myself. Thanks again!

I’ve just got a Kraken today, what can you say about him?

1 Like