About Ranked Rewards

I am what I would call a mid-core player, thanks @lyya for coining that term.

I agree that as it currently stands there is little incentive for me to push past Tier 1. The reward is not a big enough carrot for the time invested. Now, I also understand that that is MY choice. To be perfectly honest, I don’t think the rewards should be increased. I think they are appropriate bonuses for EXTRA work…

HOWEVER, I DO believe that the rank ranges can be extended to offer those rewards to MORE people.

This would be my suggestion:

NEW RANK RANGE: REWARD

All PvPers: 500 gold 50 souls (Thanks for clicking on PvP)

Tier 1: 1000 gold, 100 souls, 1 gem, 1 Arcane (Rewards those that commit the time to get to Tier 1)

Ranks 1001 - 2000: Same as current Rank 201-500

Ranks 501- 1000: Same as current Rank 101-200

Ranks 101- 500: Same as current Rank 51-100

Ranks 51-100: Same as current Rank 21-50

Ranks 21- 50: Same as current Rank 11-20

Ranks 11- 20: Same as current Rank 7-10

Ranks 5- 10: Same as current Rank 4-6

Ranks 2-4: Same as current Rank 2-3

Rank 1: Same as Current Rank 1

I think the real issue here AGAIN comes from the feeling of accomplishment. The OLD Tier 1 used to be the ultimate PvP title… so there are alot, 15k-ish, players that used to attain that weekly. Now 14,000+ of those players are missing out on that feeling.

By opening the second reward slot to all Tier 1 players, you are acknowledging that our time commitment is valuable as well. What used to take me two hours now takes me 3 days to get to Tier 1. People just want their achievements validated by in-game rewards. And a single gem and a single traitstone are a nice tip of the hat to all those committed mid-core players who fight to Tier 1. And as @pasa mentioned above, it would in no way break the ingame economy.

My two cents… :wink:

4 Likes