A Week at the Top

I love this post. Now you play with the unnamed player and lose all your value system. Great job!

1 Like

It’s interesting that in the time since this thread was originally posted, at least one of the frequent top PVPers openly admitted here in the forums that they have a “community” account that they share with at least one other person.

2 Likes

That really really shouldn’t be allowed. If it was a game of chess imagine one side playing with more then 1 player.
Why would this game be any different? This is the only game I saw were account sharing wasn’t looked bad at. Some games I played required for players to report (by sending an email) of any additional devices they will be playing from and state the reason for multiple platforms playing.

1 Like

Every game I have played has always had a warning not to share your login details. What if something went wrong due to another person (not the original owner), any claims made would be unfair. Everyone else plays a fair game, and I think it’s fair enough as previously stated, she admitted to it. While it isn’t a bannable offence, it is still not fair to players who put in hard work by themselves, even though those players seem to have no problem playing with her.
I guess when you’re in the race for the top dog spot, any means necessary includes devaluing a high moral standard and playing dirty.

2 Likes

Oh well, this is how it usually is in real life. We all hate and fight the system for a long time, we disgust and disrespect the awful system to at the end, become an obedient part of it.

1 Like

Now you guys know why I left my last guild.

1 Like

No I’m still confused.

1 Like

You would be.

1 Like

Oh hit me right in my soft bits.

2 Likes

These people at the top constantly have to be cheating. I can see being number 1 once or twice. But ive done the math… you have to almost never sleep. Who would do that for no rewards. Also the win loss ratio of some of the top people is suspext to me.

Thread has been brought back from the dead, apparently…albeit with more than a mere hint of bitterness in the air. Must be the holiday winter chill or maybe someone just got coal from Santa. :wink: Anyway, got to give a shout out to the #1 player in all the Gems Universe. Zoo, you are a machine! Keep up the good work, my friend. Your utter domination is astounding and your accomplishments have absolutely nothing to do with anyone else. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Accomplishments weren’t brought into question :wink:

@Annaerith: I agree with you.

I believe that in order to discourage botters, the devs need to incentivize the right side of the PvP matchups. As of now, it is my belief that botters are encouraged to always pick the left most PvP roster because the battles are quicker and are often a guaranteed win. Whereas the right side actually requires a degree of human wit in order to finish fast or win consistently.

My suggestion is to devalue the left side matchup in PvP and increase the point gain for the right side. For example have the right side be worth 100-150 (depending on the roster rank) points instead of 40 - 50. The left most tier should not be 30% of the point value of the right side because of its simple level of difficulty. Instead, change the point value to 10% of the right side. The middle tier should be 20% of the right tier.

Or a simple 20-50-100 distribution.
Btw left most option is more like 20% of the right most option. At least for me and my match ups.
But I think distribution is rather nice the way it is right now. Bot users aren’t encouraged in any way, apart that it’s in their nature to be jerks.