A simple solution to fix the PVP leaderboards

Unfortunately, there is no simple solution for a fair system that somehow measures a players “skill”. The format of this game simply isn’t set up for this level of competition. If made only about the “quality” of games (ie, win loss ratio versus “tough” opponents), then you would just use the appropriate counter/looping team and the only losses you would suffer would be infuriating RNG streaks or equally infuriating random disconnects, battle has already been completed errors, or straight up having your win streak reset errors.

People are frustrated their efforts are not being recognized, so add some additional leaderboards for different things other than grinding points. Make the rewards minimal and crappy, just like the current leaderboard, or just nonexistent. Anyone who really cares just wants to be recognized for effort, the reward for effort ratio for ranked PvP was decidedly in the “not worth” category when PvP 2.0 just launched, let alone now.

7 Likes

Btw, the other options is to drop the hard coded numbers (top 1000/500), and switch to top x%.

For example, ranked rewards:
1 = top 1%
2-3 = top 2%
4-6 = top 3%
7-10 = top 4%
11-20 = top 5%
21-50 = top 10%
51-100 = top 15%
101-200 = top 20%
201-500 = top 25%
501-1000 = top 30/40 or even 50%

1 Like

that solves nothing:

you would reward less ppl meaning - you would increase the competition among them = requirement to get the same reward actually increased, no good

ive been asking for that for a long time - to scale ranking rewards with population growth, but nobody ever addresses that

plus devs say they have limited amount of rewards (in those few times that they touched the subject)

1 Like

that’s to bad… I’d rather have them extend the pvp tier rewards, as that is for everyone, then waste resources on the elite few…

Elite few being a tiny number of their player base :wink:

1 Like

i do want to reward the elites but i also want to give some rewards to bigger % of population, even if the rewards are thin but still i believe more ppl should enjoy the competition and feel appreciated/rewarded for it

the current amount of ppl rewarded in comparison the the size of player base (thats still growing) is a joke

luckily the ranking rewards are relatively tiny so they dont couse too high frustration (at least to me)

simple alternative that would help

I would like to see some sort of elo-type like in Destiny or chess. I don’t know if that is feasible programming-wise because it would change with every battle played.

Kind of similar to what I said in the other thread… :+1:

Sorry Off topic.
@Ozball I instantly knew this was a PC screen shot at a glance without your description. As the sides were not chopped off for no reason like they do on console. Personally annoys me (like watching a letterbox movie in full frame with pan and scan)

On Topic.
I agree with the posters that state the rewards/rank has to factor in difficulty of the troops and any bonuses! It can not be simply based on if the team just so happens to be in the right slot you get more (Trophy based).

Elos won’t work very well as players have 2 separate teams Inv & Def and your not controlling Def Team.

Lastly I’m all for making the rewards go deeper down the leaderboard.

2 Likes

I agree to a point

I am just starting to be able to regularly take on level 3 teams -I have been doing 60% level 2, 25% level 1 and 15% level three

Last week it was 50% level 2 30% level 3 and 20% level 2 - Bombots were easy. I ended up with about 212 PVP wins last week. And I had a 0 loss for Offense, but a crappy ratio for my defense team.

I don’t feel I am novice, I may just be moving into advance.

Personally we need to separate the defense from PVP. It means nothing.

And then break it into levels/and number of games