A New Mythic - Infernus

I didn’t get him. So NO lol…

3 Likes

I don’t know why Infernus isn’t getting the love.
I think he’s great!
One of my new favourite teams is:
Gorgotha/ Hellcat/ Infernus/ Sylvanimora
I just LOVE exploders. They refill themselves probably half of the time.

2 Likes

Possibly he could explode a little more than 5 gems. 8-9 static explodes would make him a little better.

6 Likes

simple fix: explodes 5 gems, boosted by burning enemies (x1).

12 Likes

I think his real power comes from the firestorm he creates when enemy dies.
That combined with his own explosions (even though it’s only 5), quite often gives an extra turn and refills himself.
Looping 60-90 split damage while collecting mana is pretty decent I think.

2 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to play with Infernus yet. If he exploded 8-9 gems, would his damage output need reducing to bring him back to the power curve?

No, I mean hes an okay Mythic at it stands. But my opinion would be that it wouldnt hurt if he exploded a few gems more. Ive played him a lot the last two days.

2 Likes

I’ve actually used him with Dragonmoth(!), and Lava Elemental. Works reasonably well, once you get a storm up.

I use him in a pretty good pvp farming team:

Gorgotha
Infernus
Famine
Mercy

Fast charge up, splash damage works surprisingly well with Famines nukes and the ticking burns. In a time where random gemspawning is dangerous the targeted spawn of mercy and the explosions of gorgotha and infernus are pretty solid. Gorgotha shrugs off those tripple skullmatches for the opponent that you simply eat while grinding on 4x speed on pc :wink:

I like him!

1 Like

Sorry for the mild necro - perhaps more of a resuscitation than a full-blown resurrection?- but I wanted to come back to this thread now that I’ve had a bit more time to play around with Infernus.

I’ve been using him in pretty much every PvP team since I got him on Monday. And I’ve decided that… he’s great!

Whilst neither damage or explosions are super powerful, the two together are surprisingly useful. Damage when he casts when only one or two opponents remain is excellent. 5 gem explosions don’t give the most mana but they do seem to result in a lot of cascades, even more if you have firestorm.

But what I really like about him is that many others in my guild have been using him, and we’re pretty much all using him in different teams. I think this speaks volumes about how versatile he is. It’s great that there’s a mythic that suits different playing styles. Some use with colour changers, some with exploders, some with AOE, some with targeted damage, some with match-4 traits (Ele etc.), some with mercy… we’ve really been discussing a lot of great teams with him in.

I also really like the fact that he doesn’t need to be traited to be useful. I think some members of our guild family, especially those lower down in level, are really disappointed when they pull a mythic only to realise that it’s not worth using without its super-expensive third trait. Pharos-Ra, Jotnar, Ketras, Stonehammer, Elemaugrim, Queen Aurora - I’m looking at you guys! So it’s fantastic to see a mythic that’s fun to use straight out the box regardless of which troops and traitstones.

So thanks Devs, and as far as I’m concerned, more of this sort of thing please!

9 Likes

I also have used him quite a bit since he was released. I also hope there will come more troops like this in the future that explode around 5-7 gems but also deals good damage as well as create a differently storm. I love the skill/trait pattern of Infernus. It is like hand in glove! :smiley:

2 Likes

I actually got insanely lucky with him. ONE V.I.P key…One…and I still don’t have War, Abynissa (I know I spelled that wrong) and Pharos Ra.

EDIT I am missing Elemaugrim too.

1 Like

At least you got him, I spent a lot more than that and got nothing

1 Like

Best luck, hopefully you will get him in the end!