A New Mythic Approaches - Wulfgarok

Now can we just fix it to do enough damage to be worth the mana cost…? :smiley:

Or have other Wargare troops with any utility so you can actually make a team with them that can combo better and win in under a day…?

Yeah hearthstone allows you to craft a card. That implied to GoW, I think the right cost for mythic troops would be about 1.000.000 souls - by HS standards. Legendary 500k souls, epic 250k spulse, ultra rare 100k souls, rare 50k souls, common 20k souls.

2 Likes

Make it glory and lower the cost, some math nut could probably tell you the cost of a common in glory for one of those reward packs after calculating out the cost of all the other stuff you get in it.

I don’t recall the exact numbers, but I believe in HS crafting costs something like 4x what you get from a disenchant of the same rarity card. 400 dust from disenchanting a legendary, and 1600 dust to craft one.

I play HS daily so trust me the costs I present would match what I wrote. Yes hearthstone crafting costs are x4 the dust you get from disenchanting, but you need about a month of play to craft a single card of the highest rarity. And that’s a whole month with daily play, and playing above average. HS doesn’t have an additional system to generate dust and gow has for souls.

Well there’s grinding arena in HS, which pays out in gold, dust, and dustable cards.

I agree though, 4x is probably way too low a multiplier for crafting in GoW. 1000x might be close. Your values are something like 4000x though… that seems a bit high.

Also don’t think crafting is the only solution for GoW. Some sort of targeted key could work, either ruling out 4xMythics in your collection, or more focused on a chosen kingdom like event keys.

At present there are 26 kingdoms. One suggestion I’d make is to group them in lots of 5 by order of release and then let you select which set you want to draw from when opening gold/glory/gem chests. For example when you open a gold chest you get commons/rares only from that era kingdoms. Of course you could still select global to draw from all kingdoms, event chests would remain kingdom specific, and non-kingdom troops (horsemen, imps) would be available from all selections.

As new kingdoms come out they get added to the most recent era until they reach 5, then a new era is created.

Think of it as opening cards from specific expansions in MtG. You’re not going to get Ice Age commons when opening a pack from Urza’s Saga.

6 Likes

Well based on the values you listed for this game… I definitely wouldn’t be able to make 1 mythic or even one legendary in a month I don’t think.

I do think the values should be targeted to where a certain about of hours spent grinding for souls determines the amount you need.

So for example, if devs expect players to soul farm for 20 hours a month to get a random legendary then they should do the math and figure out roughly how much they expect. If that makes sense.

Well if you are high with kingdoms your tributes alone net you something between 5k-10k gold so maybe my numbers sound high, but we get tons of souls without even playing, so it needs to be high, or anyonthing would be obtainable very easy

Note I did not say it should be easy

I said it should be obtainable in a reasonable time period for the average player. I think one legendary a month would be a good goal to shoot for or one random mythic every three or four?

Especially since it is completely random. It would really just be for those people that are fully maxed on souls anyways.

1 Like

I agree :slight_smile:
I think generating 100k souls a week isn’t much hard to achieve (for a player who has everything maxed). So a mythic cost of 500k would be high but reasonable. And a legendary for 200k maybe? Epic 100k, ultra rare 50k, rare 25k, common 10k. Mythic costing 50 times the cost of a common troop sounds alright to me.
I don’t think we will get something like this, but I like constructive discussions :slight_smile:

Honestly I think your numbers are way off. But
Numbers could easily be tweaked and studied.

I do not make nearly that much and I max out full seals and I play every day and donate at least 500,000 a week. And I always use a soul team. And I collect my tributes as often as possible. I have all of my kingdoms at 3 & up. I think I average 30,000 - 50,000 souls a week. I will pay more attention and keep track this week to see.

I just feel like your numbers would literally take me years to achieve and I’m still a more active casual player. So I’d hate to see how long it would take the average player.

i’ve made 50k souls in 1 day before…but i guess thats not much of a comparison since i am a robot :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ve said it would be for a maxed out player. I’m not maxed out but my kingdoms are half at 5* half at 7*. My avarage soul for tributes is about 400-500. 10 tributes a day results in 5k a day: 35 a day just from tributes. +5.9 souls from guild tasks. +troops you can disenchant that you get from all the keys you get to open, which results in something like 10k more souls. So that’s about 51k souls without playing any pvp. Depending on the team you use, you can farm a lot of souls. I personally don’t get 100k a week, but probably end up between 50-70k. And more active players probably earn those 100k and maybe even higher - depending on the team they use, and we’ll their vip level too.

1 Like

This explains a lot.

this is a neat idea.

Does anyone know what the original kingdoms were at game release? I consider myself an oldtimer here but I starting playing waaaay back when Bone Dragon was a new Glory Pack troop, about a year after original release? Perhaps make those Kingdoms a Core Pak.

Think Stormheim and Maugrim Woods were the first and second new kingdoms…

1. Adana
  2. Broken Spire
  3. Divinion Fields
  4. Forest of Thorns
  5. Ghulvania
  6. Karakoth
  7. Khaziel
  8. Khetar
  9. Mist of Scales
  10. Pan’s Vale
  11. Pridelands
  12. Sword’s Edge
  13. Whitehelm
  14. Zaejin
  15. Zhul’Kari

Maybe when we get 30 kingdoms (not counting Apocalypse and Guardians and Primal) we can have a 50/50 split.

So I already said my point of view about the low damage of this Mythic. But there is another problem: Devour can target Impervious troops… it’s just horrible. Is it possible to change that?
Else, Maw is better and more reliable than this troop…