A New Mythic Approaches - Wulfgarok

Sounds like the same issue Kraken has. Kraken has a 0% chance to devour if it kills the last an enemy because it targets the already empty slot.

Maybe wulfgarok appear After Scarlett (and Heroes) killing Kerberos. So maybe Kerberos was keeper of this Old (devil) god, and Scarlett was planning this and she’s secretly a evil character…
Just à Guess ^^
Anyway nice card, can maybe make good job with fenrir, Kerberos and one other Maurgrim wood or one other Wargare. But for a mythical, the first trait is little bit useless :wink:
By the way, any idea when he Will be release in ps4/Xbox?

1 Like

I just had the spell fail to devour when killing the first enemy, and the second enemy. In the same match. Nothing was impervious or indigestible. I had it work fine a few other times, when there were as little as two enemies left. I didn’t even get the jaws animation in the empty slots, it just did nothing. Heres hoping this isn’t another one of those things that will require a version update to fix. (Or maybe heres hoping it does, so he can get changed to something more universally usable.)

Ah another way overloaded powercreeper, AGAIN impervious even, dont you guys learn? :\ Are you 'trying to kill this game? 4x wulf teams incoming… sigh

I believe next patch, or :soon::tm:, they will be making all legendaries and mythics only trigger their traits once even when multiple are used so that they can add more powerful unique traits.

1 Like

Bit OT but does anyone think they’re over using the turquoise in the artwork just a little bit?

You can never use enough turquoise! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Can confirm, the devour bug exists (had matches where Wulf killed with his ability and didn’t get a devour - enemy had no impervious troops either).

Regarding the troop, I find the ability highly situational, as his base attack, paired with a Fenrir and a Forest Guardian makes Wulf a pretty good candidate for skull spamming.

Except for Kraken it’s not an issue, it’s by design. The target of his devour is predetermined to be the second enemy he hits (since he hits the last two, and devours the last). It makes sense that if the target of a secondary effect dies from the primary effect, the secondary effect won’t trigger on anything (random example: Khorvash’s spell kills top 2 troops, nothing gets stunned).

Here the case is different. The devour seems to hit either a spot that was already empty before the spell was cast (which is not the meaning of ‘random enemy’), or the same troop that was targeted, which also shouldn’t happen unless there are no other troops (reference: Hobgoblin).

1 Like

Wulfgarok is one of those mythic is really want to play. I love synergy between troop types and building a full wargare team around him seems fun.

Sadly I won’t be pulling him ever… :frowning:

Ah cmon you couldn’t do “Hungry Like The Wulf” as the flavor text? Starting to to slip there Sirrian! :wink:

1 Like

I tested Wulfgarok and his spell is too much “highly situational” (as said @Earthshake): a more powerful but one-shot spell (like Maw) will be better.

1 Like

Even MORE powerful traits? This game is already way overloaded with oneshot troops cmon…

They could be defensively overpowered instead.

1 Like

thanks for pointing that out, i didnt notice, i hope ill get him soon enough to try that impervious in action :laughing::grin:

i am looking forward to a mechanic where you could in some way ‘devour’ enemy magic too!

1 Like

Sounds like a race condition problem and I don’t think they can fix it without a patch.

Is this confirmed to be happening? I have a great team idea that would be a good deal less effective if this is true. :frowning:

Ugh, or reflect magic dmg… Atleast thats still sane, enough with the oneshotting though pff

2 Likes

I see @Tacet managed to pull not just one but TWO of Wulfgarok… :astonished:

New defence team confirmed.[quote=“Eika, post:10, topic:16061”]
kill myself
[/quote]

happy forum b-day.