A New Mythic Approaches - Queen Aurora

Just have to make sure to have a gem creator like Alchemist in the team, so at least there is enough yellow on the boards to almost guarantee an extra turn when f.ex QA is creating 10 yellow gems.

Once upon a time, Webspinner created green gems scaling with its Magic stat. I used it extensively with various ways to boost its Magic stat, and by comparing to other gem spammers, came to roughly the following statistically unassailable views:

Create 7 gems, chance of extra turn 25% on an average unprepped board
8 gems 33%
9 gems 44%
10 gems 55%
11 gems 66%
12 gems 80%
13 gems 95%

3 Likes

Good numbers, Jainus. It looks spot on for what I have come up with. Quite a little higher chances that CPU gets an extra turns tho, but its needed since the currently CPU comes shorts on other placesā€¦

This is cool. Iā€™m not math smart enough to figure it out, but maybe you or somebody else can tell me the chances of 4 or 5 of a kind with Aurora creating 10 gems with variable X amount of that color already on the map.

I was very lucky, the first Aurora for just 50 Glory keysā€¦ Then I wanted 2nd ,so spent 300 Glory ,150 gem and 50 Vip keys for the 2nd Aurora.

50 VIP keys.

10 gem chests to get oneā€¦ finaly something half decent, i nearly quit the game after pulling 3x stone hammers in a monthā€¦

yeah, getting 3 mythics in one month is such a good reason to quitā€¦ :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It is when there pooo hahaha, if im gone be lucky enough to pull 3 mythics id rather them be different ones or famine/plague haha

1 Like

Who said anything about being humble? :wink:

Either way im running Aurora with gorgoth, tds infront and then death behind her, having fun so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m so awesome itā€™s a drag ā€¦

These mythic drops are draining my resources far faster than I can accumulate them (but thatā€™s probably the point).

Last month, it took over 10k gems on VIP Chests to get one Elemaugrim, not to mention a few hundred gem keys and 2400 glory keys.

This time, I spent 4000 glory keys, 500 gem keys, 150 VIP Chests (6750 gems) and failed. Finally got one after spending around 10000 seals on maxed guild chests (and I have all the Guardians maxed, so basically the equivalent of another 500 gem keys).

And the only reason I even had these resources saved up is because I donā€™t open any glory, gem, guild, or VIP chests unless itā€™s new mythic week. And I stop opening as soon as I get one copy of the mythic.

Still missing Death, Wulfgarok, and Draak. Crafting soon please!

2 Likes

@SirCookie I know what you mean it looks like you were at the edge twice in a row. Last month if you used ~10k Gems that has about a .99^220 (or 11%) chance to walk away WITHOUT a Mythic, but you pulled it! So that good. Hopefully next month will treat you better, but Mythic are expensive.

Iā€™m on console and worried as my stash is only 27k and we will be getting Mytics every 3 weeks instead of 4 (like PC) until the end of the year. All it will take is one or two months of bad luck and zip its gone, and there goes my chance for all the future ones too.

1 Like

At least console has dailies to supplement mythic dives. :cry:

ā€œSupplementā€ I supposeā€¦

You know (IF you do them) Tasks average ~12 Gems per day, times 3 weeks or 252 extra Gems per Mythic released. Thatā€™s 5 VIP Chest pulls per Mytic. :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ve stopped trying for Mythic troopsā€¦ took a while to get over the ā€œmust complete the setā€ mentality but itā€™s so more relaxing this way. No more stressing out about burning through thousands of keys and gems for nothing. If it drops it drops. If not, no harm no foul. Maybe itā€™ll drop eventually.

Though ironically Iā€™ve recently gotten both Stonehammer and Aurora without trying (Aurora was from a random batch of 50 Glory Keys, no less), which are my first ever Mythics gotten the week theyā€™re released.

:musical_note: When you try your best but you donā€™t succeed ā€¦
When you get what you want but not what you need ā€¦ :musical_note:

Seems I sing this song way too often when mythic week comes around!

Got her after 400 VIP keys total, and another weeks worth of gem keys from my guild.

Donā€™t much care for her. Mostly its her vulnerability to Devour and AoE damage, while barrier currently does slightly too little to protect the rest of the team versus Devour and Deathmark. Buffing up troops to 100+ life isnā€™t really all that useful while you can still miss one cast and then have them get devoured, barrier and all. Outside of guild wars, there are very few spots where she wouldnā€™t be straight up better replaced by another troop. Kinda also feels like she pays a premium on her spell by virtue of having the link trait, a bit too much since she herself is so vulnerable not being a target of her own spell. Compare to: Lady Anariel + Dragonian Monk, of which she has a higher cost than both combined but has a lower magnitude on the primary effect than either one.

Also, obligatory ā€œwhens crafting?ā€.

3 Likes