A New Mythic Approaches - Queen Aurora

Pop culture names were also popular from immigrants for Haiti. I met a guy in Montreal called “Gretzky-McDo”. He was born in the 90s and the parents picked a popular name as they were leaving to get refuge in Canada.

2 Likes

Out of plain stupidity I went for a 2nd Queen Aurora. 9000 gems(200 VIP), 2400 glory keys, 350 gem keys spent. An instant regret there. :joy:

2 Likes

I went for a single QA, spent everything, didn’t get her :frowning:

How much did you spend?

9k gems (on 200 VIP chests), 3200 seals (last week @ 40k for max chest), 10 guild keys, 2k glory keys, and 350 gem keys.

That’s quite a lot. The odds of missing QA after spending that much resources must be less than 10%.

1 Like

Damn. I feel for you. :frowning: It is strange that spending 9K gems on VIP or more not guarantee a Mythic.

1 Like

Vip suck, only ever had pharos in vip. They need improvements imo, or make them a cheaper cost in gems.

I got her with my last possible set of 50 gem chests. I think I spent several hundred glory keys, a few hundred gem keys, and like 2k gems.

I spent 372 gems keys, 2624 glory keys and just over 14K gems to get Queen Aurora on friday and didn’t get her. :frowning:
Then on saturday my guild hit 40K seals and I started spending them. And I got Aurora on the first 50 guild keys… :slight_smile:

Sometimes the RNG in this game just baffles me…

2 Likes

I opened 200 gem chests and 100 VIP chests last week and didn’t get her, then got her this morning with 50 gem chests. I feel your pain though @beanie42, same thing happened with me and Elemaugrim last month, 9k on VIP chests and no mythic.

2 Likes

Glory keys are really bad for mythic hunting.

I believe it’s like 1-in-10k odds?

After 200 VIP chest pulls you will not get a Mythic 13% of the time. So yeah, that’s fairly high for spending 9k Gems. Hopefully crafting will help for those that miss the lottery.

@Draprion yes, that it 1:10,000 for Glory Chests.

2 Likes

Is anyone else not satisfied with her gem creation? I’ve been running pvp and played 6-7 games, probably used her spell 4 times, and every. single. time. it has set up the board for the AI to run all of those gems off the board with 4-5 of kinds. I’ve been selecting gems that are in high concentration on the board, too.

I feel like 11 or maybe 12 gems created are in order. I seriously don’t want to use her spell anymore.

2 Likes

That wont happen since CPU handle even 8-9 random gems creators a lot better than Humans, an example is Celestasia, 90% mishit for Humans and 70-80% chance gives an extra turn for CPU.

It was drafted as 12 in the spoilers, and (probably correctly) attracted worry / criticism. 12 is too many when you can choose the colour.

Whenever I’ve used her, I’ve found I can pick the densest colour on the board and get a 4-match from the 10 gems created. But the impact is still quite low for the cost. I suggest she gets buffed as:

1. her spell buff also boosts and barriers herself
  2. create 11 gems
  3. cleanse all allies
  4. maybe two of the above
8 Likes

12 gems at base is probably too much, 10 seems fine to me, from my personal experience the magic number for spawners is 9 gems, when a gem spawner goes from being more harmful to useful.
Playing Elemaugrim a lot, he feels like two completely different entities whether you play with burns or without. Without burns he feels rather mediocre(not just for base mythics), with burns he feels mythic indeed.

When ever i tried using its ability, i couldn’t cast it because I’m still missing the troop.

5 Likes

Agreed. I mostly would like to see 11 gems. I don’t think that 11 and maybe even 12 is too many when **it’s randomly spawned onto the map.**I’ve been counting gems on the map before I choose: I failed a 4 or 5 match when I chose yellow when there were already 15 on the map! The AI then took a yellow 5 and a yellow 4 of kind, SMH. Also failed on a 12 browns on the map prior to spell cast, which led to AI 5 matching brown.

I did succeed with brown when there were 14 gems already on the map. It just feels like to much of a risk to use the spell. I’m going to keep counting the gems on the map before I use her. I’m gettng the feeling that 14+ is almost mandatory to give me a decent shot at a 4 or 5 match.

She’ll be stronger with a freezer or with something that removed 1 colour first, like a Fox or Astral Spirit.