A New Mythic Approaches - Queen Aurora

I’ve tried Queen Aurora in a few configs so far and come to same conclusion. She’s perfectly viable, but really slows things down. The life gain and Barrier can protect you from mishaps, but they’re rare enough (outside the GW artificial design bounds)…

GW is probably where she’s gonna come in useful…

Agreed. She is a purely defensive troop after-all, so of course she slows things somewhat. There are plenty of easier ways to generate that much mana. Of course, she has three colors, so a bit more accessible for the purposes of GW…

She has Warded

It’s a sad statement about current gameplay that I feel this might matter…

2 Likes

Am I missing something? Why is some going for a 2nd one? Is there any good invade teams and/or defense teams with two of them? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t think you are missing anything, people here just like to hype stuff up beyond reason.

1 Like

Talon Banner
Mab***
Famine***
Aurora***
Aurora***

… Go ahead. Try to fill your troops before I fill mine.

The 10 manacost transformers say hi.

5 Likes

Elspeth, spirit fox et al say hi too!

That holds true for pretty much any AI opponent. If your banner is chosen properly and the initial board works out, one or two matches will be enough to fill that troop. But I know I’ve had matches where the enemy Famine filled before my Alchemist, just because red and brown never came up on the board. And that was without a double-bonus on the opposing side.

1 Like

I was just saying, one rainbow link+transformer will trump two rainbow links and costly spells to fill every time.

4 Likes

'Bout the only thing I can say in my defense is that it is much easier for the brain dead AI to handle two Auroras than a transformer. It routinely transforms colors that result in just a single three-match, where a different color would have earned a 4- or 5-match. No need to worry about that with two Rainbow Links.

I think the AI gets way too much flak about how it deals with transformers, stemming from the old days where it actually was really bad with it.
As of late, my personal experience is that the AI hits 4 matches the vast majority of times when using a universal transformer. Ever since GW started i have yet to see a Giant Spider miss its extra turn :wink:

1 Like

The ai uses guardians much more effectively on ps4 than it used to as well.

1 Like

I like how trump is still taken to show superiority. That’s not gonna last…

11 Likes

Not gonna lie, it felt bad typing it…

1 Like

The word predates the man, though history has shown it is entirely possible for one person to ruin a thing for everyone else, forever: when was the last time you saw someone with a broomstick mustache, or who had the name Adolf?

2 Likes

True, though the man predates “covfefe.” Truly a linguistic pioneer.

4 Likes

Heard it was an Arabic phrase. Did the internet lie to me? Given how I’m communicating with you, can I trust your response?

In South Africa during the apartheid days the government required blacks to have a non-tribal name for official business and stuff, so people would pick names basically at random from pop culture, strong leaders, et cetera.

Well, there wasn’t much education about the Nazis or the Holocaust in South Africa at the time, but people knew Hitler’s name and maybe had a vague impression that he was a powerful dude. So there are quite a few Hitlers walking around in South Africa right now, believe it or not.

4 Likes

That’s an incredible anecdote. I can’t imagine running into a black dude on the streets named Hitler.