A New Mythic Approaches - Queen Aurora

THAT unicorn was less “a unicorn” and more “an incarnation of the primal force of Order”. It was as much a “standard” unicorn as the Serpent was a garden snake - which is to say, not at all. ;p Or at least, that’s my recollection, but admittedly it’s been a longer-than-usual time since I’ve reread the Amber books (the last couple times I’ve gone back to Zelazny, it’s been A Night In The Lonesome October and Lord of Light).

1 Like

Pretty sure anyone with that kind of interaction with an animal will have some weird story like that to justify it :wink:

1 Like

@Saltypatra @Nimhain does her third trait provide 2 bonus Mana for every color gem match?

1k seal later silver glade 5*

1 Like

Oh that’s certainly true, but who’s to say that Queen Aurora is a standard unicorn (or even what a standard unicorn is)? She could just as well have used her magical abilities to assume the form of a beautiful woman who seduced the king. Elspeth’s attitude could be a result of an absent mother, or some kind of adolescent rebellion born out of revulsion from the knowledge of being born of a bestial relationship.

There are other mythological and literary parallels as well. Zeus took the form of a bull and mated with (raped?) Europa, and did the same, but this time in Swan form, with Leda. All I’m saying is, there’s no reason Aurora can’t be Elspeth’s mother…[quote=“Amadan, post:61, topic:24992”]

(the last couple times I’ve gone back to Zelazny, it’s been A Night In The Lonesome October and Lord of Light).
[/quote]

I have a well-worn copy of Isle of the Dead that I read every year or two. I think A Night in the Lonesome October might be the only thing of his that I’ve never read.

4 Likes

Trait is +1 to all matches, and it stacks. Tested extensively.

1 Like

So she gains “bonus” mana, even on red, brown and blue matches?

Same way a Valkyrie gains bonus blue, even though its colors are red and yellow.

1 Like

Got it. So SHE doesn’t gain the bonus mana, but she confers on all troops a bonus for all colours. If I had just read the trait name instead of the description, it would have been more clear.

1 Like

I want 4 :expressionless:

I’d be happy with just one… :frowning:

2 Likes

So she gives all 4 allies +1 mana on any color gem matches?

NowayJoe2Go

Lol yeah I should have been too. However that being said I put money into the game and I got nada, so no more purchases from me for a year GoW lol.

1 Like

Just the troops that use the color that was matched. It’s the same as all of the “link” traits, except this is all 6 links rolled into one.

3 Likes

So I eventually hit mine, but a fellow guildie missed and really, really wants one. It brought up an interesting question. If he coughs up the $50 for a Growth Pack and is already level 150 is it guaranteed to be Pony? I’d guess not since it’s not actually a chest, he’d just have 1300 gems to burn on chests and a random Mythic, right?

1 Like

The packs gives a random Mythic. The chests except from Gold Chests has just the new pony mythic in them exclusive for a week.

1 Like

That’s what I thought but for reasons unrelated to the game he’s a little hung up on getting one, so I wanted to make sure.

Nope I did that and got Abnyssia

I have never wanted a mythic, and the ones I have I generally don’t use. I want this. Rainbow Mana Link Trait… the possibilities here are staggering.

2 Likes

Going to need troops that reduce mana gain for enemy team.