A New Mythic Approaches - Pharos-Ra

You could upload a video of your Pharos-Ra team, cause I didnt find him yet - and I’d be happy to see him in action. Thanks in advance =)

Not sure if use 2 with a giant spider and can anyone say green seer?

I tried it out, works well for a team using only two Epics. My Finley is not even traited, but Finley and Alchemist can loop one another a few times for and i could still beat a Wraith/Courage/Bone Dragon/Famine.
Kudos for the team. :+1:

Thanks for giving it a try… glad you like it. I believe Finley must be the most underrated troop in the game.

Dragon Soul/Giant Spider/Pharos-Ra/Death.

What team did you use?

Got, leveled, and traited a Pharus-Ra, and while I haven’t had a ton of time to experiment with team compositions yet, my immediate impression is…unimpressed?

• His first two traits are boring (and one is essentially nonexistent). It’s already been brought up numerous times that the X Bond traits are utterly irrelevant with the current state of Health in the game, so seeing this on a brand new Mythic is massively disappointing - this trait could be an empty slot and it wouldn’t change anything. The immunity to Death Mark at least does something, so sure, whatever (though it still really should be something with some synergy instead).
  • I really, really dislike the fixed color conversion. I understand the aesthetics (he’s literally changing day to night), but about half the time his ability was up, using it would’ve handed a free turn to the enemy team, so I just waited instead, and that’s just sad.
  • His single-target damage is…“good”? Not “awesome”, not “amazing”, not “clearly worth the enormous Mana it costs”, just “good”. Yes, his ability does other things too, but the combination of “just pretty good” damage plus possibly setting up free turns for the enemy makes the entire unit feel really unappealing.
  • Sure, when fully traited he can replace three Necromancy troops on a soul-farming team!..except I’m not yet sold that he can make a team better than plain ol’ Valk + Warlocks. Hopefully this will resolve itself with time as we all collectively figure out team setups for him.

Offhand suggestions?

• Replace the Bond trait with…well…damn near anything. An applicable Link would be lovely, for example. Alternatively, fix Bond traits universally so they’re not awful!
  • Changing the fixed color conversion to arbitrary-to-Purple instead would be amazing (possibly too good, sure, but he’s a bloody Mythic; he should be good!). You could also tie things together and give him an internally-consistent ability of “create X Purple gems, boosted by Souls”, though gem creation always has its own risks, obviously.
  • Change his damage from single-target to either split damage, or “target enemy plus a random enemy”, or “target enemy and 1/Xth as much to enemies above and below”, etc.
10 Likes

The same is true for my Major and Runic stone collection…

1 Like

Not quite, 13 troops bring you 10 points short that 8th star

1 Like

Oh, for some reason I counted 14.

If this drops for me I’m going to be unhappy.

edit: Aaaaaaaaaaand he dropped yesterday for me.

1 Like

I feel like this guy is ass in every way except for soul farm purposes, and his spell cost might cause him to be mediocre even at that.

Cost is mitigated somewhat by the fact he can partially or fully recharge on cast. I feel the same way though.

That is a point I totally overlooked. There are probably more that I overlooked, but he isn’t going to recharge himself often when he only transforms yellows to purple anyway. As another user mentioned in a post further up, allowing him to change any color to purple would make him feel more mythic.

I decided to give it more thought: he at least has huge synergy with Valk, her creating both souls and blue gems. Too bad he does single target damage AND wrecks yellow gems, though. Also too bad he totally overlaps colors with my beloved Khorvash.

Looks like this will be the first Mythic I don’t get. I’ve been flying as a guild of 1, mostly due to my inability to play much as of late, and it took 3 months to happen, but it finally happened. :sob:

You wouldn’t want to use his spell as the main soul generator, for sure. If you put him on a different soul farm team he’d be really good though. A Valk/2x Warlock/Pharos team is now giving +250% souls instead of +150%… that’s a big difference. Most other mythics have little or no use, but this one I could actually see being useful.

2 Likes

Well… If i happen to get him with glory keys (always needing glory over the weeks) that’s fine, but i’ll keep my gems/gems keys, sorry birdie… you don’t strikes me as a Mythic. :expressionless:

Used every glory, gem, and guild key earned since Drakuulis week, 0 mythics.

Only mythic I’ve gotten since Drakuulis was Death from a guild legendary task, which I already had. /shrug

Only mythic I got since draakulis is. . A few more of draaks.

5 Likes

Heh, yeah, I got 5 of him that week I think. Hard to believe that from the tens of thousands of glory keys, thousands of gem keys, and over 1500 guild keys since Sept 23rd… not a single mythic.

Mmmmmmm… nah.

Looks cool. Does not a lot. If you can get enough souls to make his spell worth casting, you probably won the match twice already.

Makes a lot of souls. Sadly the players that need him probably have little chance of getting him.

I suggest we change the spell to deal random split damage based on how many souls you own in your total collection, not just the few earned in the current game. Then in one cast I could do enough damage to sweep the Bone Dragons out for a week. Or three. Or a year. Or two. Someone do the math.

4 Likes