A New Mythic Approaches - Elemaugrim

I think the general order of keys you’ve given is pretty accurate. I’d rank them as: Glory > Guild > Gem > VIP (if available) . But I think there are 2 “correct” orders, and they’re dependent on your preference/goals. If you’re just looking for the mythic and don’t care about other troops (end gamer, you have most other troops already ascended), going right to left is best so that you can save majority of keys for future kingdom releases. If you’re a new to mid-game player and still have a bunch of non-maxed troops, going left to right is better since you will get a bunch of troops and traitstones for your existing troops while mythic hunting.

6 Likes

I’m a mid-game player, so i guess I could go either direction. Would be great to snag that mythic is glory keys, though! (that is how I got my Gard, as luck would have it). I do not have VIP keys, so no-go on that one.

Thanks for the feedback though!

1 Like

@beanie42 your spot on in my book. With one additional caveat you didn’t mention above. If you don’t have all the Guild Guardians to Mythic yet, start with those first. Then L to R.

3 Likes

My Elemaugrim dropped after exactly 104 guild keys. Fastest Mythic ever for me.

3 Likes

I liked pretty much all posts commenting they got EMG, but this is just rude! :wink:

3 Likes

Elemaugrim is in the Explore pool too. Just had it randomly pop in a fight in Gar’Nok while hunting the last arcane I need to trait mine.

1 Like

I spent 700 guild seals to nab it

1 Like

600 gem keys: nothing
50 glory keys: 1

Another 1000 glory keys: none

I might be done with trying for a 2nd copy, or maybe I’ll try 50 vip chests.

6k gems and 5k seals and I got two :grin: Still burns that I used 11k gems for stone hammer and didn’t get him but this makes up a little bit

3 Likes

After playing my Guild Wars battles with Elemaugrim in my lineup today, I have to say I’m absolutely in love with this troop. Completely awesome! :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

900 gems keys, 700 glory keys, 500 guild keys (20K chest, not the 40K).
And not a single Elemaugrim to be seen. I’ve never been lucky in my pulls anyway…

1 Like

The ability to destroy the opponent’s attack is amazing. I put it in with a gem spammer and drove them to 0 in a heartbeat. Unfortunately since the current mode of destroying troops has nothing to do with skull damage (DT, Devour), it does little good. Impen is handy, but doesn’t save the rest of your team.

I think that is why I hate DT and Devour so much, they completely obsolete every other stat barring immunity. Got a Draakulis with 400 hp, sorry but black manacles just went off, you lose. That Gard you’ve buffed to 200 armor looks awesome, shame the Deathknight took it with it.

Consider all the troops you’ve lost in the last two weeks. How many had anything to do with skull damage? Sure, when the occasional Bone Dragon goes off it plays a roll. But generally, DT, DT, Devour, Scale Guard nuke, DT…

11 Likes

500 Glory Keys, 150 gem keys and 60 VIP keys no mythic

Normally I go in order of:

Guild* > Gem > VIP (gems) > Glory

*If all guild guardians are mythic with 4 copies:

Gem > VIP (gems) > Glory > Guild

3 Likes

I dont like where this 3rd trait is going; imo this is just an excuse for not balancing the (compared to all other guardians) op 3rd trait of Courage.

Feel free to disagree =)

They reduced the gain on Courage just this week.

2 Likes

Spent about 100 gem keys, 100 glory keys and 2000 seals. Got it from seals.

6 Likes

To me, Elemaugrim is the perfect troop to combat the gw meta. It can’t be deathmarked or devoured, and its trait makes it ideal for baiting teams that aren’t designed to benefit from skull damage.

3 Likes

Been using it yesterday and seems a good mythic. Decided to try to get another so got a second from 300 gem keys. Happy with that!

1 Like

So ended up using 14,000 gems and 200+ gem keys
1,000+ glory chest keys. Completely cleared out my hoard because I had the idea that if I didn’t get it I wouldn’t come back since I’m all out of resources.
And blew through nearly 20,000 seals
And no mythic.

Uninstalling at the end of the guild wars week and never looking back unless something changes because that’s honestly BS. I just can’t help but think how crazy that is when gems cost so much real money and that’s months worth of gems!

Goodbye everyone, it’s been an interesting year.

Edit: also this is only the final nail in the coffin, not the first time I’ve been burned by these mythic releases. Not the second or third or even fourth. Being so unlucky with RNG all the time is depressing and disheartening.

8 Likes