A Crafting Guide - SPOILERS for crafting!

Aww thanks much :slight_smile: I figured I’d come back and check out crafting since I was so hype about it when they first announced adding it eons ago.

7 Likes

Good to see you, Asha. And hope you will stay with us. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We will see. After downloading the game today, I feel like a noob. Everything is so different!

4 Likes

Yeah :slight_smile: Also now the CPU is smarter. I do say the game has changed quite a bit the last 2-3 months.

1 Like

I agree. Everything introduced for crafting is either grinding, paying, or waiting. None of these are fun or engaging behaviors. The new stuff is shiny as always, but the lack of innovation as far as gameplay is concerned is disconcerting.

3 Likes

This was what most of us expected tho. So it is not really any roar.

What other options are there?

Grinding is fine. Paying to accelerate is OK in my book too, we all get why. But waiting for the daily dungeons to reset is basically an “energy timer.” And lack of energy timers had been one of the strong positive differentiators for Gems of War. Sigh.

5 Likes

Puzzles? Actual challenges? Use of our current resources instead of creating entirely new ones locked behind a time and money wall?

5 Likes

Aren’t the dungeons challenges?

They do not scale to endgame at all.

1 Like

I feel like grinding is allowable in rpgs because it’s at least a bit more dynamic there, with more mechanics on display. Here, grinding Explores is the same 12 clicks, mostly through menus, for as long as you need. That’s not a game at all. That’s a chore.

2 Likes

I’m fairly disappointed with them as well, and have already expressed this. But there’s a difference between criticizing their intent vs execution.

They’re in a tough spot. Too hard and early players suffer. Too easy and elder players do. I’d love to see at least the final battle be much harder.

Reducing the Diamond bottleneck is very necessary. Supplement it by increasing other resource requirements.

1 Like

So let us do the daily challenges infinitely, but rewards decrease each time down to a predetermined minimum. Or make the battles harder each time but keep the rewards the same.

2 Likes

@Mithran in a wall of text (I always read your posts btw!) you said what I almost posted last night in 3 dozen words. I’m surprised at the numbers for crafting 1 Mythic: 4,200 Gems and 3 months. Prior to release I assumed it would be 1/3 the duration, 3x the Gems cost, and least 3x the Soul cost.

1 Like

That’s totally unreasonable. They’re not going to let players grind mythics like that. They’ve got to put limits on it or else it’s totally game breaking.

what i see is they make crafting hard so they won’t make existing methods of getting stuff obsolete. giving us another option, not making us a shortcut. in theory adding new source of income for the company without hurting the old sales of keys and resources.

but yeah, crafting is overhyped. not enough reasoning can deny that. pretty sure many people expect to craft something good at least one or two within the first few days, not mythics, but at least something worthy.

1 Like

I actually really like the new crafting system. I just wish it didn’t come at the cost of dramatically weakening other rewards. And that it didn’t have a very “energy timer”-like governance system.

1 Like

So who already crafted a mythic yet? Lol kinda suck only 4 per week, if the first week they put the only mythic you need, it’s clear you won’t be able to craft it so it mean when you will be ready with all the ressources needed, you will probably need to wait again to see it back in the 4 mythic rotation :stuck_out_tongue: