A Crafting Guide - SPOILERS for crafting!

So 1 diamond = 1000 shards and you can win 400 shards per day, that mean you can craft 1 diamond every 3 day woohoooo!!!

2 Likes

Only to me it seems a little “weird” that you need to use celestials to craft arcanes?

The price is ridiculous and I will always prefer to Explore to obtain this Arcane…

2 Likes

I don’t know it is little early to say but so far the time you have to put into crafting and what you get for the resource investment it seems like an underwhelming feature. Definitely not impressed.

3 Likes

Is that 1900 (I hope I calculated right) match wins or troop kills to get the level 10 recipes for crafting?

1 Like

Not entirely unexpected, having to convert rarer items into more common items isn’t that unusual, but for me at least it makes the recipe useless. I loot roughly 5-6 arcanes for every celestial I get, and asking me to trade 10-12 arcanes for one specific arcane is not going to get me to bite.

Yeah. This stone crafting system doesn’t seem at all useful to me, as someone who is at the stage of trying to trait every troop. Other games have you collecting junk that are otherwise useless so that you can craft them into something useful. At least the Major and Runic stone recipes make sense. Unless you have maxed out on a specific trait stone, you’re just wasting resources that you’ll eventually need anyway. Just like you don’t want to disenchant troops until you have 4x mythic, you wouldn’t want to consume even minor or major stones until you’ve reached the amount you need to completely trait everything. So this crafting system is probably only gonna be useful for people who have maxed stones of a certain type, who has not yet maxed stones of a another type. A very niche group of players.

1 Like

So, not as cool as everyone expected then? TBH it was never going to be in the players favour was it? After all, this is a freemium game.

Also, i am still unhappy the PC players can still Skull Bait but we on console can NOT!!! Very unfair still.

Also, do you think it would be a good idea to include some of the new gems to be available in the chests we open? Because the rng in this game stinks and always will. To do daily dungeons and still not get any gems is not cool.

I am glad we have new toys to play with, dont get me wrong, but it seems a little pointless and they could have fixed all the games issues prior to releasing new modes and in doing so messing up impervious traits??? Bad.

Cya

2 Likes

You can’t reliably skull bait on PC any more.

2 Likes

How many kills do you need to reach level 10 in the soulforge?

2 Likes

2500 kills I think.

1,900 kills required. Though you need to hit level up in the Soulforge at the end of each level for them to keep counting.

3 Likes

According to that table, 500 from 9 or 1900 in total.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies guys.

But is that troops killed or matches won?

Troops killed.

ok, so should be done in a week. No need to waste gems on that

From what I’m seeing here:

• Traitstones are still dead end resources. You only need celestials as an outlet to crafting stuff other than stones themselves, and in such quantities that you’ll have far over the number of celestial needed to trait and craft everything before you have the number of other traitstone types required to trait everything.
  • Souls are still dead end resources. The huge one-time sinks on Dawnbringer and Xathenos do nothing to continually provide an outlet for souls for those that have reached the point of leveling all troops, they simply extend the amount of time before souls become useless. Anyone actually going for these items and having souls as the bottleneck is simply going to farm the souls, then we are right back where we started. However, it may also take you longer to reach the soul wall in the first place if playing at a lax pace and using the crafting system for stones and low rarity troops before you have finished leveling your troops. This at least is a blessing. The one time sinks are pretty big if you haven’t been sitting at endgame for a while, but don’t matter at all if you have been.
  • Crafting anything significant (Legendary/Mythic) is bottlenecked to a severe degree by Diamonds, Diamonds are handed out in limited quantities per week by trivial daily boxes that need to be checked off. Crafting is therefore almost entirely waiting based, subject to fluctuations through RNG, and supplemented by cash purchases.
  • The ratio of stuff you can farm compared to how long you have to “wait” for any given legendary/mythic craft laughably low, such that the cost is practically non-existent when you are ready to actually use it. Not really the most effective resource outlets.
  • Mythic cycles should be roughly 4 weeks long at the moment (longer as more troops enter), so you’ll see a target mythic about once per month available for crafting. Legendary cycles would be 12 weeks long at the moment, meaning you’d see a given target legendary about four times per year (longer as more troops enter). This both seems backward and suffers from a similar problem as event chests in that you aren’t really given relevant choice to work toward something, you instead just hoard everything and “have enough” to get it when it becomes available, or you miss it for another extended period of time. This will do little to smooth out the woes of people that just want that want specific troops.
  • For that matter, legendaries have the same bottleneck as mythics and therefore make absolutely no sense to craft unless you are after one specific legendary troop while being an earlier play. But then you are offered so few per week that it is likely you’ll run into an event cycle or pull it randomly before it even appears for crafting.
  • Simply being able to craft 100 souls out of 10 diamonds is bait of the worst kind. Almost as bad as offering Arcane Armor pack as a limited time cash purchase for starting players.

This is all pretty disappointing to me. I was expecting at least something to enter the game that would have scarcity enough that crafting that I’d have to go farm it as well as a time component of about a month, not have it only capped by time over the period of about three months (on average, assuming I have not used diamond on anything else, if I am clearing all dungeons and spending gems > diamonds every day, costing me slightly above what the average cost of an exclusive mythic is in gems now). All of my dead end resources are still dead ends, and the only thing I can do to further my progression with gameplay is level soulforge to max with kills, which will probably be done this week and then just done forever. Then I’m back to the waiting cycle, with now the added little bonus that I have to play for a few minutes every day or I miss out on the dungeon rewards, which is the only thing that moves me toward the only things that I a missing.

I feel Jewel costs for legendaries are way too high and mythics are slightly too high compared to what is handed out (pending “day of luck” and task numbers, mostly relative to each other). In contrast, soul costs for legendaries are slightly too low and for mythics are way too low. 20k souls can be trivially farmed in about 2 hours, less if you have better soul farming options. If you are going for a mythic, you are required to wait about three months and put in most the gems you have collected from guild tasks (maybe all, depends on how tasks are reworked), during which time you have to farm souls for maybe two hours. If you have been sitting at endgame, you are running in excess of this in souls per week from just tributes. Waiting component should be lower, effort component should be higher. Xathenos’ 350k requirement seems much more on the mark to what I was expecting for a normal mythic (up to 1 mil even), as well as a 30-45 day wait cycle rather than 84 days for the bottleneck “waiting” component. Players to know their gameplay is moving them toward a long-term goal beyond just ticking off the daily boxes, otherwise, you are inviting stagnation and burnout. Souls would still dead end, but it would be enough of a sink to cause at least short term scarcity. I also expected to see Arcanes be used in the crafting cycle outside of just other stones, upping the total number of arances you need, possibly pushing those back into usage.

20 Likes

Had been following along hoping crafting would make returning worthwhile. It is not. Months of daily dungeons to craft a single mythic when it shows up in rotation? no thank you.

5 Likes

Welcome back :slight_smile:

4 Likes