3.0 Patch Notes

I agree with the above posts. BD is finally in a good place now. I think the cost increase was a huge deal as well because he could charge in two matches before.

The important thing is that hes not going to automatically kill you, but he can still kill you. Just maybe not against Stoneskin or Gorgotha (read: didn’t stop him before). The bit where Courage doesn’t go completely off the rails is also good of course …

3 Likes

Better… we shall see how it feels over coming weeks…

Agree. Someone really smart said that. Oh yeah, me :smiley:

Had him plough through Krystenax and Gloom Leaf quite easily, so Stoneskin often not enough… Gorgotha tends to lose 3/4 of HP on the occasions I’ve seen so far…

You have to think a little. But 15 skulls created is very likely to get at least one 4+ match, so it’s hardly a major gamble.

So far, I haven’t really seen a drop in BD occurring in defences. It’s still one of the best and most destructive troops in the game. Let’s see how things settle… I am not (yet) hinting at any campaign for further nerf, I’m pretty sure this is about enough (capping at 14 would have been better)… but we do need to see more counters, or at least way more legendaries get buffed so there’s something else strong to put on defence.

3 Likes

I thought at first it was a buff then i relized it was a nerf. He lost 9 magic overall. Drat. Actually, hmm, this is tough becuase i am not sure if it is a buff or nerf, it could fall to either end. It does not summon a level 20 giant spider anymore does it? Okay it does more damage which is wonderful but summons a weaker spider…sorry dolkky baby, your spiderr is not big enough but i love the way you use it so you can stay in my S&M teams.[quote=“Sirrian, post:1, topic:21925”]
Goblin King
Spell Changed
Spell changed to summon a random Goblin troop.
Mana cost reduced from 16 to 14
Base life gain increased from 5 to 8
[/quote]

Oh shoot, gob king gets a buff i think? Not sure if big green machine is good still or not?

I’m whooping BD with Gloomleaf. It’s quite enjoyable actually. And Mab is a legit counter to BD now because even though he can get an extra turn, you can freeze to stop it and keep your first troop alive.

The bottom line is that before, he could cast on 2nd turn with one match-4 and guaranteed kill your first troop. I haven’t lost my first troop to one BD cast since the nerf. I’ve had him cast in me twice but that’s a completely different game.

1 Like

Thanks Oz.

The question related with color bonus remain unclear for me. Example: I enter battle with 4 blue troops. But I end battle with 2 blue and 2 other colors (still 4 troops alive). If i have 4 alive but only 2 are blue, is that better than 3 alive but all are blue?

Can dokkalfar get another buff please? Maybe increase his magic so he can summon level 20 giant spiders too? Also did treasure hunt get a boost in the gem drop area or am i getting lucky to get closer 60 turn maps?

He can… as long as you have +8 magic from somewhere. 4 Kingdoms at 5* will do it, and guild statues/GW statues could help as well. It looks like if a troop has both their damage and (an unconditional) summon based off of Magic (of which I can see only two troops atm, Krystenax and Dokkalfar) the base magic is low (both cap out at 8 magic at level 20).

2 Likes

Wow, people will actually have to think during gameplay now instead of mashing fist on colour grid 24/7

Great news :yum:

2 Likes

War needs Pyromania back, infernal armor is stupid or change it to armored at least. He is not a tank.

2 Likes

change infernal to 100% reflect xD reflects are soo weak currently

1 Like

Or gain 25% of damage taken as attack

Happy 3 year anniversary to Bug Wars!
You’re as broken now as you were back then. Way to be consistent old friend. :grinning:

6 Likes

But i am amazed looking back at it how clearly detailed scoring, gameplay, and transparency were compared to this ass sandwich of working as intended we just got.

I mean seriously, that first post introducing it was bloody golden.

6 Likes

Back then Sirrian was still in charge. I somewhat doubt there would even have been a first anniversary without him, many of the old players are just around because he was utterly fantastic at interacting with the community.

6 Likes