2.2 Patch Notes

Some useful links for this week’s events:
All Humans
All Undead
All Darkstone troops

7 Likes

Why not give event points for undead kills in Arena?

The large majority of Ghulvania teams have 3 undead. I only saw 4 once, 0 about 5 times, 1-2 only rarely. This was in about 80 matches. The rewards aren’t amazing for the time invested, even with a 2-turn Explore team, but they aren’t awful either.

Figure 4-5hrs of gametime to get 1k pts, and decide if it’s worth it to play it out, or if you need to be exploring somewhere else for stones you’d rather have.

Event prizes are insanely underwhelming. I’ll just ignore them myself and set an undead-only team as defense so it can help lucky ppl who find me in pvp, and also I get more revenge chances. Seriously, 500P for 500 glory is very, very, very, very, very low. You’re better off fighting the lowest PvP option.

2 Likes

For me I think the cutoff, at least this week, is after the 30 gems

2 Likes

@Nimhain/@Sirrian,

Are the $5 weapon bundles not available yet?

Very,very,very,very,very, very

But also if you look at it in a different aspect

3 Likes

1 Like

We sure need them, I don’t think I’ve used enough of them

2 Likes

How sure are you? Very? Just checking.

500 glory…? Try not to spend it all once!

Veryveryveryverygoogleplexplexplex sure!

1 Like

Beginning turn

Last turn

Why we don’t have tasks like Console players?

More interesting than a “Kill 1000 Undead” Event…

1 Like

They’ve mentioned a few times that they hope to bring that over to pc. No timeline though.

And actually no, these events are better.

Those console tasks are cheeks.

Why? I don’t know about it.

I just thought it’s better to have several small quests better than one big like we have.

Agree. To kill 1000 undead is way over the top.

5 Likes

Well obviously it’s all opinion, but I feel like they could be way better. It is nice to be able to finish a few small tasks, but the rewards simply aren’t worth it. The rewards in this event are way better. IMO and that’s saying a lot.

I’m sure when they bring them to pc they can make them better. Hopefully.

I think the rewards up to 100 are decent. Beyond that much less so

1 Like

Well… I’m glad other people are happy. I’m filled with trepidation. Events may encourage players who already have it all to try something different, but for anyone still struggling to gather the resources to build teams, Troop Bonus Events could make PvP very frustrating. I’m not looking forward to all my opponents having 25-50% higher skills than they already do, which are already several times my own. This is just like the Guild Task skill bonuses all over again: it increases the gap between the top and the bottom, without changing the dynamic at the top at all. People who have them are just competing against other people who also have them, so neither side has an advantage. People who were already struggling are now facing even tougher opponents.

Bonus Resource events have a similar problem, in that those who need the resources the most are the least likely to be able to meet the qualifications, while those who can do it easily don’t need the extra resources.

Collection Events will hopefully provide some motivation for those complaining that capping their seals decreases their desire to play, but for me it’s just another goal I’ll probably fail to meet on a weekly basis.

I imagine the shop changes will do well for them. The value looks a lot better, and at least a few people have been asking for subscription rewards and more availability on Legendary and Mythic troops. The weapon bundles should also be good for all of us who missed those old event weapons!

Speaking of missing things, I’m going to miss Revenant on the loading screen. At least it’s still the icon.

The balance changes are all a bit of a surprise. Elwyn needed a buff, but I didn’t think anyone cared enough. Gorgotha didn’t need a buff, particularly one that patches one of his few weaknesses. Major issues with other troops went unaddressed, and as for Manticore:

And that’s exactly why I wish they’d taken Impervious away from Manticore instead of Empowered. If anything, Fast will probably be more annoying than Empowered, because now you’ll have to spend an additional turn collecting mana that will just be drained away in the next turn, because Manticore can still fill in a surge or two matches. This change just stretched out the opening turns, without providing any new counters.

Effectively, this only nerfed Manticore on offense, while having little to no impact on defense. The only use for an empowered mana drain is to counter another empowered spell, because otherwise, it will take several turns for a troop to gather enough mana to be worth draining, by which time you could have charged a mana drain spell yourself. Unless you get a board relatively free of green and yellow, or can wipe them out yourself in the first turn or two, Manticore will still drain anything you collect in those first few turns.