2.2 Patch Notes

dont close it, ppl still havent got their t-shirts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What was Kraken’s original third trait?

I only asked for a little stuffed ‘Rockworm’…

1 Like

deal 2 3 damage to all enemies on 4+ gem match
edit: memory fails

“Deal 3 dmg to all enemies on 4-5 gen matches” can really add up in a looping team.

2 Likes

I have long been championing the Arena, and increased Arena payout… I am very happy today. I would love to see, additionally, traits added to Arena troops, but maybe they increased the complexity with out mentioning it!

Love the manticore adjustment, I’ve thought that was the correct direction for a long time now. Starting with two waves of spell prevention was too frustrating, and not fun at all.

The issue with Carnex is that scaling exploding skulls doesn’t really have much of an effect past 12 or so. The board just won’t have enough skulls for it to matter. This is particularly obvious when comparing to Gorgotha, who can still explode 20 random gems just fine.

Scaling his armor gain on cast would work - especially since +8 is dumb AF at low levels - but it wouldn’t really spice things up much. Having something neat trigger on blowing up certain gems might be cool - like dealing damage to a random enemy per yellow destroyed or something. There are a lot of things that can be done with his move.

The other area that needs improvement (again, particularly next to Gorgotha) is Spiked Armor. The trait just isn’t that good. Changing his ability to have scaling armor gain would help but it might need something else.

2 Likes

Spiked Armor is boss. I love to use Carnex against Famine(s), since his skull damage stays high even after his attack is drained to 0. He also starts the match with 40 skull damage, which was only rivaled by the now nerfed Manticore.

Carnex could stand to generate skulls before he explodes. With only ~2 skulls on the board, he is beyond useless. I suggest: “Create 5-10 skulls, explode all skulls, and gain (X+magic) armor.”

7 Likes

Looking forward to something other than Orion / Courage / Courage / Bone Dragon.

Don’t want to derail too much here, but spiked armor is pretty good. Niche for sure, a middle of the road and situational legendary trait, but not useless. He has impervious, and has starting attack on par with traited Wulfgarok, and almost as high as first cast (now nerfed) Manticore. He can also be “fast” with a mechanist hero in the group. The main problem with Carnex is that the AI prioritizes skull matches over everything, so the only way to get a ton on the board is a mass converter or Bone Dragon. He does otherwise have massive starting attack Spiked Armor, or decent defensive stalling with the combination of his spell and Armored/Impervious. Those are the two situations I use him - as board refresher after a mass convert that doesn’t have a good loop back point because there are too many skulls left in the dreaded “checkerboard” pattern, and as a “fast” exploder that can stall tank.

I actually thought he was in a good enough place, being able to be buffed to be fast and having Impervious so he couldn’t be too good, then they went and added Forest Guardian to the game, giving us an effective 8 mana 50% devourer. Since he isn’t ever going to be a really effective mana generator as long as he has explode skulls as his ability, I think the best course probably would be just to scale his armor gain with magic.

I really like this idea also. Even if it were just a small number of skulls, and the explode was still limited by his magic.

Back on topic:
I’m really wondering now about how the event system will affect both explores and quests. Quests because this is going to be a huge stopping point for low levels. Explores and Challenges having a kingdom full of stuff that is +25-50% stats would be a minor irritation for me, basically just increasing the time it takes to farm, but they’d be an extreme uphill battle for lower levels (and therefore just not worth doing at all that week).

Also, for PvP, there is going to be a divide depending on the order in which the +50% is applied. If applied after all other bonuses (kingdom, guild, ascension, levels), this could result in huge, abusive stat amounts for already powerful troops, effectively making them the only game in town that week. If applied to the troops level and base stat points only, the effect on the “strong” troops wont be as pronounced, but this will not be enough to bring “weak” troops into the meta even for that week. Since it is either type, kingdom, or both, you could never buff, for example, Creeper into the realm of usability, because you’d be buffing all Monsters (including Maw and Korvash), Daemons (pretty much anything is better) or everything from the kingdom (including Hellcat, IK, and Venbarak), and any such troop with a 25% bonus is going to be better than a Creeper with a 50% bonus. Many troops are bad not just because they don’t do enough damage, but because they don’t do anything to the board. Defense teams that are “good” will still be good regardless of if they get any bonus stats that week, better when they do, and nonviable stuff is still, for the most part, nonviable.

The point of the system was to add more variety to the average play session, not limit choices, so I hope that isn’t what ends up happening. I was hoping the system would be more based around usage than some arbitrary kingdom or type, of which there are usually pretty clear standout choices already.

1 Like

Even though I doubt I’ll be in position to spend cash on the game (especially given current turmoil), it is good to see things of value popping up.

That said, if the “rewards a random mythic” was changed to “rewards a random mythic you don’t have”, I’d find a way to buy the 30 day sub at least once. But there are 8 mythics in game, and I have 4. No way am I spending $50 for a 50/50 shot at getting one I need. And yes, I know you get other things, but I don’t need souls, I have a decent supply of gems, I can farm gold, and the only stones I need are arcanes, so the mythic is the only real draw for me.

9 Likes

Maybe now it’ll feel better to spend money on this game. I’ll consider it

Glad to see kraken fixed
Wish for more balance changes… we really need a balance only patch

1 Like

I am grateful that the devs are adding new content, however it feels underwhelming when reading it. I sure hope the new event system is fun, but at first glance… meh.

Oh and ya… overpriced store much? Holy jesus.

3 Likes

Wow, massive update - to me this shows it was a great decision to get all these changes out before tackling Guild Wars.

No word on The Dragon Soul? Like Kraken, its third trait had to be replaced - now it’s a duplicate of Infernal King. A great troop like TDS deserves a unique legendary trait!

5 Likes

Aaaaaaaaahhh i love ittt ELWYNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNwinwinwinwinwinn!!! This also hit ps4 eventually right?

It will hit PS4 eventually. We’re two updates behind now.

1 Like

So, in regards to the subscription packs, I’d like to clarify a few things:

For Path to Glory II, it is stated that it gives a “random” Mythic troop on Day 30. Does this include the current “exclusive” mythic troop? Would it be only this exclusive mythic troop? I know it states “random”, but I’d like clarification.

If so, and you log in for your 30th day on the day a new Mythic releases, would this new troop be available in the drop pool? Or does the loot table “roll” from the previous day? The reason I am asking is specifically related to the problem you had for a very long time where you were not giving out the previous day’s glory rewards for daily login on the reset day, because you reset tier values before checking for rewards. Now, rewards check the previous day’s values - I’d like to know if this includes troop drop tables for handing out Mythics.

For Path to Glory II, what are you likely to see in terms of traitstones for your “$250 value”? What rarities of traitstones? Random types and colors? Are majors included in the drop table at any point? Are single color arcanes, which also severely drop off in usage compared to other types, included in there?

For Path to Glory I, I assume amounts available for each “random” draw will be stated on the store entry when it actually goes up. What about ratios? How likely are you to get something that actually matters (gems) from this pack? Would you get more gems from Path to Glory I over the course of 15 days, or the $5 gem subscription? Would you get more gems for $15 total, on average, for Path to Glory I or 3 $5 gem subscriptions?

2 Likes

.[quote=“Dddd, post:35, topic:16599, full:true”]

Each to their own, but famine is rightly powerful for a mythic IMO, where as manticore was way too overpowered for an ultra rare
[/quote]

Than why not change the fact that his attack is increased. I tell you how it will be, everybody will switch to Spiritfox on position 3 and 4 and Deep Borer/Bone Dragon an 1/2. And then everybody will complain again, because it’s not fair. And the Spiritfox is next. Sorry, I don’t like that

It’s going to be Manticore, Bone Dragon, and Deep Borer. Just wanted to make sure you’re prepared!

2 Likes

Bone Dragon doesn’t work in position 1 or 2 because Khorvash can hit him. I imagine most of the high levels I face will just replace Manticore with Orion (if they’re not using him already). Bone Dragon’s full board of skulls + 75% chance to bypass armor = even more insta-death.