2.2 Known Issues

How many troops did the opponent start with?

The opponent started with 4 troups.
When it froze I had eliminated 2 or 3 troups already.

Ok, so it’s not related to the weird summon bug found earlier.

It is only Daemonic Pact? Do troops like Infernal King, Dragon Soul or Warg cause the same issue?

I know it’s Daemonic Pact because it has it on the screen when it freezes. I don’t recall the other troups that you mentioned having this problem. It’s brought the ancient horror each time. The screen freezes as the Ancient Horror appears and the deceased troup is defeated.

There may be an issue with your game files. Can you try the following procedure to make sure they’re all up to date and correct?

From your Steam Library

1. Right click GEMS OF WAR in the list on the left
  2. Select PROPERTIES
  3. Select the LOCAL FILES tab
  4. Click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE

Let me know if this helps.

Okay - I’ve done what you have suggested and I’ll let you know if it happens again.
Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Nim,
The game froze again today. I took a screen shot.
The game must be closed at this point. I am playing Explore in Karakoth. I can’t remember the character that died and did this.
Any other ideas on how to fix this?

Dear Devs,
Today I had another similar situation. This one with Dragon Boon. It appears to occur when I “win” but the computer generates a new Troup to play against upon death.

Necro’ing this thread to add something to the list of issues:

The Warlord Hero class needs its third trait’s text modified. Right now it reads “Gain 3 Attack when dealing Skull damage”, but the trait triggers even when the hero is entangled. The text should read “Gain 3 Attack on Skull gem matches”, like Great Maw’s trait does.

Or the code needs to be changed to reflect the wording of Hack’n’Slash. Whichever. :slight_smile:

I dont know if this has been mentioned but its worth another mention. If there are multple great maws in a team, casting one maws spell also prevents other maws from casting their spells. This shouldnt be happening.

2 Likes

Same with all one shot spells Don, like Roc and Dwarven Slayer

1 Like

This is working as intended. One shot spells affect all troops of the same card.

Really? Why is one maw stoped from eating if another maw has eaten? Doesn’t seem logical.

Or if one dwarf slayer sacrificed himself to deal damage to an enemy, why wouldnt another slayer be able to do the same? O.o

1 Like

Thematically there is no reason, but it was done for game balance. It allows us to give some troops really powerful spells that couldn’t be used otherwise, as they’d be used multiple times in teams and probably end up extremely annoying.

2 Likes

Ok, ty for your answer. If you want i can remove my 3 comments so it doesnt add irrelevant stuff to this important topic?

What’s the point of the maw gaining more magic too with that third trait? It’s not like he creates any more gems or anything. That needs to be reworked imo. Now kerberos eats almost all of the time maw isn’t that great.

Increased magic can work in favour of the opponent tho since there are few troops that interact with it.

Nope, I don’t understand that! Maw gains attack, magic etc with every skull match yet magic does nothing to him or any other troop in his team. So it’s pointless it getting increased. Also, what’s happened to rowanne? She’s lost power somewhere along with the update.

1 Like

Would you prefer if Maws third trait said:
Gain 2 to all skills except magic when matching skulls? Isnt it far more simplar to have it just add 2 to all skills?

Maybe from a design point of view it’s more simple and elegant to write “3 to each skill” than “3 life, attack and armour”? Or maybe translating the latter causes size issues in certain languages?

Also, as Don says there are troops like Fel’Dras that benefit from it which adds a nice little bit of complexity IMO