2.1 Preview - Guilds

Well like @efh313 said we will focus on getting magic and attack on our first day. With 5m donation on first day or 2 we will get those both and than we can spread to other tasks that we value by rewards. That’s our strategy doesn’t mean it will suit others.

It’s 10 Souls for a Rare, 5 for a Common. I’d use an average of 6.5-7 Souls for Troops out of Gold Keys

For reference, these are the stats I got from 1.0.9.
(From that, I calculate 5.1 souls per Gold Key on average - counting Commons, Rares and Souls.)

Given that we’ll be getting these en masse soon, I’ll probably do another stat check when the next kingdom comes out, if not when the patch hits.

1 Like

Why do I always think it’s 100 keys, and not 50. Thanks for the catch!

I’d forgotten about this! I guess 2/3 troops isn’t actually “conservative”. It’s more like “very accurate”. This is great though, since I can update the math!

Looks like it’s actually 9,900 Souls from disenchanting the Troops you, plus another 2k or so from the Gold Keys (45 Glory / 50 Chests = .9 Glory per Chest. 2200 * .9 = 1,980). So you’re getting roughly 2x the Souls (as opposed to 2.5x). Either way, it’s a much better deal to buy the Gold Keys.

Not to mention the fact that you’re getting 5,280 Gems worth of Gold Keys versus 590 Gems worth of Souls (based on the prices in the store).

True enough (even given the numbers correction from @TaliaParks and @Shimrra), though it is probably a combination of the two. The gold key numbers look way too generous (though you do need thousands at the endgame to do anything useful with them), the souls numbers and glory keys look way too low. The gem/gem keys/event key numbers look roughly about right, being only slightly worse in gold to gem conversion value than currently by the time their arcs conclude, and probably much better for most their respective runs.

End gamers are desperate for minor traitstones because we sink all our gold into the guild and everything requires dozens of minors. With a 16 million donation limit maps have value now.

1 Like

I wonder if this update will have an adverse reaction on pvp.

FTFY :+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

You think so? My read is that people will just take their Gold into Gold Keys and get tons of Minors that way.

What do you mean? Disenchanting a Mythic rarity card with a seemingly 0.02% base drop chance gives you a generous 150 souls.

That explains why my guild master said I had the highest trophy to gold ratio. He gets every coin unless a new kingdom is released.

I can understand that players want to have everything, but I don’t understand the expectation that they should get it. What is wrong with there being something difficult to achieve, that few will rarely accomplish, and even then not on a regular basis? It seems like people are in some kind of unspoken agreement that there’s something wrong with this, but I don’t understand why.

In any case, it doesn’t really matter, because you can save your seals. You don’t have to spend them right away, they don’t disappear, you can wait until a week where your guild performs well enough to unlock the rank of chest you’re interested in.

Consider these two scenarios:

1. On week 1, you earn your 1500 seals, and so does the rest of your guild, so you cap out and unlock the highest level chest. You spend your 1500 seals. The same thing happens on week 2, so you’ve earned a total of 3000 seals, and spent a total of 3000 seals on the highest guild chest.
  2. On week 1, you earn your 1500 seals, but the guild overall falls short of the cap, and you decide to save your seals. On week 2, however, the whole guild, including you, earns their 1500 seals, unlocking the highest level chest. You spend your 3000 seals on the highest guild chest.

Is there a substantive difference between the two scenarios? What’s the problem here? Maybe you’ll have to wait a few weeks, or maybe you’ll decide that the 4th rank chest is good enough for now and spend a few seals. But ultimately, the amount you earn is entirely dependent on you alone, and the performance of the rest of the guild only determines when the best opportunity to spend them is. Why would it be so important for the whole guild to hit the cap every week? Unless I’m missing something, it really isn’t.

5 Likes

And casual guilds that aren’t organized should NEVER be able to achieve this feat w/o spending loads of money?

The problem I have is that there is NO margin for error/real life whatsoever. If even ONE person falls short in the guild of 30 people the entire guild is unable to achieve it. Casual guilds will probably never achieve it.

This is of course ignoring the fact that with what we currently know, it’s 100% impossible to achieve if your guild does not have exactly 30 people unless you want to keep throwing cash at it to make it possible.

Ask yourself this, how many guilds have 30 people exactly? Now of those guilds that have 30 people, how many of them are coordinated/hardcore enough to ACTUALLY achieve what is being asked?

A huge portion of the players will probably NEVER see either of the top two chest forms, with a very tiny portion actually achieving a “perfect chest.”

It’s not that it’s hard to achieve, it’s that trying to coordinate 30 different people who have real life to deal with doesn’t make it a realistic possibility except in the VERY rare cases that everyone succeeds. Even then, only the top guilds will ever see it as a possibility.

Perhaps that is the goal, maybe they only want the top 5% (and i feel that is generous) of players to EVER see the fully upgraded chest. But if that is the case, they are just putting a carrot on a stick for 95% of the other players.

And most people will never rank in the top 1000 on the PvP leaderboard. Is that a problem? The rewards, while nice, aren’t commensurate for the effort required to attain them through that method, and most importantly, aren’t exclusively available through it either. The same applies to the guild chests. The only things exclusive to them (Guild Guardian troops) can be obtained from all ranks of the chest, even the lowest, and mythics are available from the 4th rank chest, at 10,000 seals. The two higher ranks just increase the chances of better things dropping from them by removing lower things, as far as it appears. Once again, what’s the problem? You’re not being excluded from any content by not unlocking the highest level chest, and it’s a method for rewarding guilds for dedication and coordination. I really think everyone’s blowing it out of proportion.

3 Likes

The PVP leaderboards is another matter entirely. That is entirely depended on what you do as a player. You have full control over whether or not you want to play the insane amount it would require to make the top.

The guild chest on the other hand requires coordinated effort of 30 different people ignoring real life. It’s a terribly unrealistic goal to aim for.

Honestly I don’t think you or I will change either of our opinions on this matter. You seem to be okay with guild seals in their current form and I most certainly am not.

Guess all that is left to do is wait for it to go live and get REAL feedback as opposed to theory crafting :D.

The question is how you target that increase in value so that it only affects higher-level players, and how you communicate that change so that it doesn’t change the behavior of lower-level players. Is it possible that new players spend money on treasure maps primarily because they aren’t aware of the free methods of earning them, or don’t realize that it becomes trivial to generate them later? If they see the option of spending more maps for higher rewards, how will that affect their view of the mini-game, and how will it affect their behavior? Would it change their valuation of the rewards, similar to how becoming successful in PvP or joining a good guild devalues the time/reward ratio for the mini-game for higher-level players?

I imagine the developers have at least thought of several of these questions on their own already, and probably done some data analysis in an attempt to answer them. With game development, once you pass a certain skillset hurdle, making changes is easy. It’s knowing which changes are the right ones to make that’s hard.

What I’m primarily interested in is why you feel the way you do. What is so important about the highest level guild chest? Why do you, and quite a few others in this thread, feel that it’s necessary for you to unlock it? If it was purely a stat-tracking, achievement, leaderboard sort of thing, would it matter so much whether you could consistently reach the cap? Do you expect it to be a substantial source of rewards or progress, when it’s mostly comparable to a gem chest, and you can only earn 75 of them in a week, while guild tasks will provide you with 64 gem keys, and 590 gems? Or is it a matter of feeling like you’ve failed if you can’t hit the cap, like it’s the minimum bar to clear on a weekly basis? Or perhaps a feeling of helplessness, that what you can achieve is limited by the behavior of the group?

Why players feel the way they do matters a lot to a developer, because the right solution will depend on identifying the actual problem. It’s easy to devise lots of solutions that are just as unsatisfying without a clear understanding of what drives the discontent.

1 Like

I agree with this part completely. There is no need to force stuff to such extent. 40k seals would be a great goal to thrive for.
45k is just so uncertain to get that it’s very funny that 30 people need to do perfect. I’m not saying that earning 1500 seals in a week is hard, it’s hard for 30 people in a same guild to do it.

But I don’t see no reason to chase so hard after the highest chest. 20k chest is more than easy to obtain and is almost as good as the best one.

1 Like

Development team will lower it im sure. So all this for nothing lol