2.1 Preview - Guilds

It has nothing to do with “having everything for free” It’s simple logic. Only the most HARDCORE guilds will ever achieve the 45000 guild seal cap since there is absolutely no margin for error/real life, and it’s going to be a rare occurrence.

On the other hand, casual guilds and “fun” guilds will never achieve this and NEVER be able to get the most upgraded chest unless they just throw money at it to succeed. For a casual guild it will have to be a decent chunk of money each week, for a hardcore guild the 19.99 pack should suffice in most cases.

I heard mentions about it being within a day of the event reset next week (Monday AEST). Could happen. We know its waiting on Apple now.

I appreciate your well thought out response and while I do agree that it could be somewhat “tricky” to make Treasure Hunt worthwhile for higher players, I don’t see it being any harder than any of the other balancing that goes on in the game; in fact it would seem to be much easier (I still fail to see how my original example wouldn’t work just fine). They don’t need to make it as rewarding as the core gameplay for high level players, they just need to make it roughly in line with what you can win for the same amount of effort (at your level) for the other aspects of the game.

Granted, it’s not a core gameplay component so it’s not as important to make it work for higher level players but I see no reason why they wouldn’t want to try. And, if I’m not mistaken, when @Sirrian said that (that lots of players do play Treasure Hunt) he was referring to lower-to mid level players; I doubt very many mid-high to high level players play it more than occasionally. I further doubt that very many high level players are purchasing any treasure maps with actual money so I don’t think increasing the value gained from playing for high level players would have any effect on their bottom line.

6 Likes

Am I here… is this real…

The END of the THREAD!!

I have been reading for 3 days… and my fingertips are bloodied from all the clicking, BUT

I must share two simple thoughts.

1. While the top chest is inarguably “the best”, the 20,000 chest is just as good IMHO. My guild is very active, top tier and we have already discussed a 700 seals min to allow life to happen, and ensure that we achieve the 20,000 chest each week. If we happen to attain 45k GREAT! YAY! Way to go GUILD!!! And I think that’s the goal. So top tier guilds can actually be “SURPRISED” and maybe even excited to achieve something.

2. I have been a bit disappointed myself about the Guardian bonuses, since inevitably I will be facing end-game players, that will HAVE those bonuses. UNLESS…

(the following is pure hopeful speculation)

THE GUARDIAN BONUSES ONLY APPLY TO THE INVADING ARMY!

If that were the case, then the EXTRA bonus to top tier guilds would be that those stat boosts will effectively allow you to fly through matches and… gain resources with added speed!

As I said… PURE Speculation…
But a guy can dream can’t he… :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Making the Guardian bonuses only apply on offense is a fantastic idea!

5 Likes

I actually disagree with this. The player already has first turn advantage and the ability to switch their team to anything. 8 HP/Armor, 3 attack, and 2 magic isn’t going to completely break the amount of time it takes to win a PvP battle. In the instance of most teams late game teams, that only means 1-2 more casts. It would also devalue lower guilds that are organized enough to pick a few task chains for upgrades, but not organized enough to get all 6 fully completed. Having it on invade only would also greatly increase the value of red and purple mastery (attack and magic), compared to the other 4.

4 Likes

While this is true, one to two more casts can be several turns, and with RNGesus against Guardian boosted late game teams, could mean death for your invading army.

This does not make sense to me, a lower guild, will be making their own decisions. And competing with similar lvled guilds. If they elect never to complete a task line, they simply don’t get that bonus when invading. Which they won’t miss and/or NEED if they do not have to invade teams that ARE being awarded the Guardian Bonus.

This is purely opinion and speaks to your play style @Tacet. While I agree with you, and my guild has already decided to attack purple tasks followed by red tasks for this very reason, there are team synergies that benefit from the other bonuses, (ie Rowanne and armor bonus), and extra life is ALWAYS good if the AI starts getting lucky drops.

Just my two cents… :wink:

Interesting decision. I would have though the relative uselessness of getting soul rewards and their quick availability versus gems, gem keys, or event keys would have prevented any guild incapable of maxing everything to go for purple more than a few levels, even if it does give the plus two magic bonus. Compared to, say, the green task event keys, you’d need 59 very quick battles to equal the reward of what you would get from maxing out purple, versus needing 2520 revenge wins to equal the amount of event keys as to completing the green task, or endless hours of treasure hunt to equal the number of gems/gem keys available from their respective tasks.

@Mithran To be fair this all based off of assumptions at this point that we will be able to achieve the full bonuses. I can’t say for certain that we WILL maintain the ~16mil/week needed to unlock all bonuses. But if we find that we can, then we will focus on purple and red first. If not then Im sure we will reevaluate and adjust accordingly.

The fun part of all of this is… none of us knows how this will ACTUALLY function! :wink:

Good old scientific method will prevail, trial and error… rinse and repeat.

Even the devs don’t until the bug thread is pinned! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Your best bet will be to get the first few tasks for each one b/c they’ll have really strong ROI, then you’ll want to focus on the ones that give Gem Keys > Gems > Event Keys > Glory Keys > Gold Keys > Souls. The bonuses for completing the tasks are nice, but they shouldn’t be the primary goal since it’s the basic resources/currency that players need first.

They had the good sense to not give out +% to Gold gains, otherwise that would’ve been the one bonus worth prioritizing. Similar logic also makes Gold Keys a priority over Souls (since troops are more precious than Souls, can be disenchanted get Souls, and b/c you get Gold from Gold Keys to feed back into the tasks).

3 Likes

If you need Souls then they are more important than Gold Keys by far.

Gold Keys are useful for new players and end-gamers. Mid-gamers need to level Kingdoms and aquire better Troops than Gold Keys provide. When they need copies and Traitstones in abundance (and their Kingdoms are leveled), then Gold Keys become much more valuable.

1 Like

This is exactly my prediction. What we will still have still wait and see is which point the ROI drops off for each respective one to determine the ratios of which to actually donate. It might still be, for example, worth finishing red before going above level 6 in yellow just because the relative ROI is worse, and because of the relative ease to obtain for gold keys and souls, dropping those from the rotation even earlier.

You’re better off disenchanting every troop you drop from the Gold Keys than you are completing the Souls tasks. The current rewards net 2,200 Gold Keys versus 5,900 Souls. Gold Keys drop 50% Common troops and 18% Rare toops. Each Common troop can be disenchanted for 5 souls and each Rare for 10 Souls. 2,200 * (.55) * (.1810) = 9,900 Souls. You also get Souls (and Gems and Glory!) from Gold Keys. So you get roughly 2x Souls, plus other very valuable resources.

Apparently there’s talk of reducing the number of Gold Keys and increasing the number of Glory Key, so this is subject to change. My guess, though, is that it’ll net out such that you can buy the Gold Keys and still come out about even versus the Souls and you’ll spend far less Gold in the process since you’ll only need to finish half of the tasks.

P.S. @Sirrian, you should really think about buffing the Souls rewards, which I haven’t seen mentioned much either way. My assumption is that Souls math went awry somewhere, but clearly they aren’t a good value. (I also think it would be really helpful to newer players, in general, to make Souls more readily available, especially b/c I’d bet they aren’t disenchanting.)

3 Likes

The first few levels of the guild task might be nice to pick up for those that need souls, but direct farming with Valk is still far faster and more effective. The entire ~2.6 mil gold to close out purple is set to provide the amount of souls that can be farmed inside three hours, and thats with a level 18 valk and before you have any five star kingdoms. Gold keys, on the other hand, are also pretty useless at this stage, where you aren’t really trying to mythic out your commons, but you still have every one of them.

My prediction is that it will probably be most effective for to only cherry-picked at the lowest level for maximum ROI for most guilds, then ignored.

Taking the entire souls arc as a whole given what we know now, its 5900 souls for 2.6 mil by the time it is closed out. Current cost for souls is 22000 for 100, or 220 gold per soul. Post patch would be just around 440 per soul over the entire arc by the time it concludes. We still dont know the tipping point, but considering souls tasks aren’t even worth the ROI now for most guilds, I’d imagine the desirability to drop off pretty quick.

Has there been any hint as to when more info for the task costs will be released? Im assuming nothing until the update hits

Sirrian gave us exact numbers a couple hundred posts ago and I deconstructed it… but its subject to change. In fact I’m fairly sure it is being changed.

If you ask me, each set of tasks should provide roughly the same value in Gems. So if we have 2200 Gold Keys from 12 tasks, and 236 Glory Keys from a different 12 tasks, the Gold Keys are worth way more by sheer volume. Which isn’t good.

2 Likes

What I meant is that I think they tried to balance the rewards but their math went awry somewhere. I edited my post for clarity in case Sirrian reads it.

Here’s the Gold math:

• 15,000 Gold = 50 Gold Keys = 300 Gold per Gold Key.
  • 2,200 Gold Keys * 300 Gold per Key = 660,000 Gold.
  • 240 Gems = 30,000 Gold. Thus 1 Gem = 125 Gold.
  • 660,000/125 = 5,280 Gems worth of Gold Keys.

Similarly for Souls:

• 9,000 Souls = 900 Gems. Thus 1 Gem = 10 Souls.
  • 5,900 Souls / 10 = 590 Gems worth of Souls.

Clearly the Souls are undervalued based on the exchange rates in the store. Undoubtedly the exchange rates for Gold in the store are obscenely low given how easily obtainable Gold is these days, so I’m guessing they factored that in and we get so many more Gold Keys. However, it means the Soul rewards are really underwhelming. Clearly there’s a problem when you can get 2x the Souls by disenchanting troops from Gold Keys versus buying the Souls tasks directly.

3 Likes

Unless I missed a memo its 300… even more unbalanced…