2.1 Preview - Guilds

There is no such thing as fair shot for mythics. They are supposed to be super super rare. And my guild, which is #1 in xbox guilds, is losing at least 80% of our normal gems and glory keys. You’re losing maybe 500 gems, I’m losing around 3000 gems a week. So you actually benefit and don’t even know it.

‘fair shot’ is what i consider a fair chance, who knows lets guess a cumulative 15% per month? whatever the number - just couse there is no definition of such phrase in your dictionary doesnt mean there is no such thing in common sense. putting that aside i do not understand what is your point ? what are you trying to say that i /as f2p/ dont deserve /insert value here/ ? or are you trying to just sting a fight?

2 Likes

Do you deserve winning the lottery? Everyone thinks so but not everyone can. Mythics are for the lucky few, not everyone. The ai is so bad anyways that you’ll always win almost all your invasions.

could you quit it please? i never said i am suppose to get a mythic every time and certainly not with the gem/key income i am getting anyway. what i was talking about was something different. you seem to just got stuck on trying to prove/convince me i am not entitled to become a martian.

9 Likes

Not really, since glory keys are compared in price to gems, not to gem keys (at least under the current system), and 10 gems equal a gem key, so the chance of mythic from 2000 glory keys is the same as the chance of mythic from 2000 gems.

Add to that all the resources you’ll get by opening glory keys (especially the glory and gems) which are not dropped by gem keys, and the fact that gems have other uses (event chests are a much higher value to an end-game player).

I got all past mythics just by opening glory keys, not a single gem spent. And all the glory that comes with it… This is what good value is, since I know I get something even if I don’t land a mythic. Opening gem chests means that if I don’t get it, I’m left with but a bunch of extra troops I already have at mythic anyway, so basically nothing.

1 Like

any chance I could bother you for the break-points for those? (as in, how often do those increase? iirc, the bonuses cap at lvl100 of the statues). Does that mean, the +xp and +souls have flat 1% each 2 lvls increase across all 100 lvls? And tribute amount each 10, chance each 16’ish?

Did you ever consider - at this stage of the game, where we have increasing numbers of ADVANCED and high end players - to implement some flat boosts that might allow new people to catch up easier?

What I mean is, for example, to activate a flat bonuses for lower levels (i.e. lvl’s 1->100 get +50% souls for every battle, separate bonus from armor/vip/difficulty, or double/tripple their glory reward from battles - hell, you could even double/tripple rewards from arena and TH for low lvls). I believe that souls and glory are safest and the most needed resources to catch up. Souls are self-explanatory. The glory allows new players to buy new troops and arcane stones (and if they get a lot of it, maybe even some glory chests for glory). The bonus(es) could have diminishing returns with lvl increase, (following my previous example, lvl101-150 25% souls bonus for example).

I’m not saying the numbers I listed are in any way balanced or viable. That would be something for you to decide. But I think this would be a safe way of allowing new people to catch up, without allowing for a crack which anyone can use/abuse to boost a high end guild (that would be the case if lower lvl players got a gold bonus for example).

Free to play. How many hundreds of dollars worth of loot has your guild earned you for free? Casuals need an opportunity to catch up, and I wish some lucky casual gets a lucky mythic before all the hard core players.

The fact that something has a certain price tag does not automatically mean it’s actually worth that much. There’s no way I’d consider a bunch of virtual game currency as being worth hundreds of dollars.

2 Likes

Then just be greatful about what you got. I’ve played free to lose games where tech support takes two months and gives you nothing. You’re lucky to have found a game where the support and devs appreciate the players like no other ftp game I’ve found does. Sirrian is the CEO of the game company and still visits, talks to, and likes us peasants.

4 Likes

One of the problems I see with the redesign is that folks have been putting all of their Gold toward Tasks since there was no ceiling. This has meant they aren’t buying Gold Keys, and in turn it’s meant strains on Minor Traitstones and ascending Commons. With the excess Gold we’ll have, it seems only natural we’d put it into Gold Keys in order to get those Minors and Commons. However, we’re now being given a nutty amount of Gold Keys, so we don’t really need to spend the Gold.

It seems very safe to me to give far less Gold Keys and offset with an equivalent value in Glory Keys. We’d then still have the excess Gold for Gold Keys and we’d get more Glory Keys, which is where we’re taking a huge hit currently.

6 Likes

Explorations and maps, with extra gold for minors. The change is good.

I am grateful. When did I ever complain? All I did was reply to sirrian’s claim that gem keys are better value, since in my view they aren’t.

1 Like

+Extra Turns in Maps should allow players to gain Glory a lot faster. You know, the players smart enough to capitalize on that. We also get extra Glory in PvP and Tributes will also improve. There should be plenty of Glory for a few Keys here and there.

1 Like

Then help spread the cheer that this is a good change with me. Did you know low level guilds get 10 gems or 50 gold keys for only 10k donation? That’s awesome.

One huge problem I have with these calculations, though, is the gem value assigned to, well, basically anything that isnt a gem key or event key. One of the worst things to spend gems on is gold, and one of the worst things to spend gold on (before this update hits) is gold keys. Similarly, the exchange rate used for gems to souls is circuitous, though it is better than the currently offered 10 souls per gem ratio if you buy them directly from the shop. 20 glory also does not equal one glory key - nobody that is well informed about how the game works uses it in this way, and the hoops jumped through to equate glory to gems here similarly can greatly skew their value. A more accurate representation would be based on the old (current) task system, where the cost of a single glory key is about 0.79 times that of a gem. We could also assign the relative values of the resources based on their chances to drop stuff that actually matters and current costs, say, 10 gems ~ 10 glory keys = 100 gold keys. I could also further justify this by saying that dropping 36000 into a glory key task (3k per key) after you have surpassed every member of your guild in donations (and therefore solely a personal choice, the amount actually gained by other members of your guild is irrelevant) would get you exactly 120 keys. But of course that is only slightly less ridiculous.

What it all boils down to is the numbers can be manipulated any which way because things are being equated that have no equivalence, or being routed through avenues that have such poor exchange rates it is not even considered an option in game except maybe by an absolute novice. I simply don’t like how the data was originally presented - charts and graphs based on exchange rates that are highly debatable in the first place using entirely behind-the-scenes calculations. Actually, its probably that, more than anything, along with hard numbers of what would be available conspicuously missing from the original post that even drove me to post in this thread in the first place.

The actual changes I’m anxious to see how they pan out in practice and their willingness to tweak numbers down the line. It doesnt look like my guild will be losing much resources (but still will be losing some even at our “Active mid range” guild level), most notably, we probably wont be doing glory keys at all anymore unless there is some angle there that hasn’t been made apparent yet (if task gold distribution is roughly equal, the price per key has ballooned to over 300% of what it is now, whereas gems have gone up ~12%). It looks like we still probably wont want to do souls, or anything else, because our current donation rate would have us closing out probably two tasks a week, possibly swapping in event keys every other week. This would put us at getting around 1200 gem value worth of stuff, out of our current ~2k, before the other bonuses are considered.

Factoring in the tribute chance to close the gem gap a bit, total tributes given for even more glory, extra soul modifier (probably 25% at our level), exp modifier (value undetermined), PvP glory gain (might not even have +1, ever, but about 85% of my glory comes from tributes anyways), map turns (useless by itself) and the guild seals (which might end up equating to about “half a glory key” for us on most weeks, possibly less on others), actual resources gained which can be used for the core objective of the game (collecting troops/ascending them/leveling them/traiting them/getting kingdom stars) it still comes up a bit short of where it was before.

It is definitely not the end of the world, but the claims of a “124% overall boost” for my guild tier also don’t seem to track. For that much, we will have to wait and see.

1 Like

Only the first time.

I’m pretty sure you’re kidding, but let’s make it clear for everyone: Tyri isn’t the reason why maps aren’t prized by higher level players. The problem is that the rewards are too low for the time spent.
(Never fought one battle with Tyri on my team and I still have hundreds of unused maps that I can’t force myself to play.)

Valkyrie is a more interesting point. I’m level 687, and despite using Valk in almost every battle since around level 100, I still need lots of souls. This game might as well be called “Gems of Valkyrie” or “Valkyrie of War” since it’s such a disadvantage to play without her on your team. I’d really like to see a viable alternative that encourages using other troops without falling behind on souls. Arena was a good alternative at low levels, but it can no longer compete with Mab/Valk/Mab/Mercy farming explores.

6 Likes

Thats a low blow. Not much to do with being smart!

it is “Gems of Valkyrie & War” :wink:

1 Like

I believe “Valkyrie of Valkyrie” is the name you’re looking for.

5 Likes