2.0 Update - Server Maintenance

Why is the update timetable so uncertain? Are you waiting for an app store to make the update public, or is there some computation/data transfer that has an unknown completion time?

The mobile versions have the data already. Steam doesn’t.

@Sirrian mentioned having a job running during down time to seed the initial PVP pools, so they might be waiting for that along with other things.

The devs said a big step of the update was building and testing the new PvP matchmaking database.

Sniped by @ozball! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s because they outsourced their site admin to Petco.

5 Likes

This is to keep the snooppers from going digging and putting out spoilers before the game hits. First thing I am doing in game is going to the troop list, sorting by qty and taking a peak at war

I don’t have enough daily likes for this thread!!! :frowning:

1 Like

Oddly it was still a meow-ger improvement over Parse.

1 Like

Yeah I’m sure that’s the reasoning. Although some of War’s data has been in the files for a week or so now

Woof. That was a pretty ruff pun.

2 Likes

You’re barking up the wrong Treant.

2 Likes

2 Likes

What I don’t like about it is that clicking “okay” does absolutely nothing. Doesn’t close the box, doesn’t quit, nothing. Had to Alt+F4, and if the player isn’t computer-savvy enough to know that, what are they supposed to do?

1 Like

Throw it away and buy a new computer?

i never use alt f4 i use the windows key and right click :stuck_out_tongue:

Hit the x button if it is in window mode.

do people not play it windowed mode?

1 Like

I play in windowed mode and then resize it so it is big and i can easily see everything.

I play it with borderless fullscreen window

Lies, I play in fullscreen actually.

2 Likes

Agree. I think I asked about this the last time the server maintenance message came up, but I don’t think I got a response. I had to use Task Manager to kill it.

Noted! We’ll look at fixing that for the future.

2 Likes