2.0 Update - Server Maintenance

Is there a joke here? Or am I missing something? Either way, I’m not following where you’re taking me with this one.

Basicly i have less playtime that you for the event. So basicly some have it worst.

It’s official…

This may be the nuttiest birthday week I have ever had.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Happy Birthday when it comes! :birthday: :gift: :tada:

3 Likes

Happy birthday, Koolbiird!

1 Like

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Koolbiird. Omastar wants to congratulate you also! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you @RiverSong, @Ashasekayi, @sethrogensbackhair, @Mufasha, and @Eika!!!

5 Likes

Little @Macawi will congratulate you later. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy Birthday @Koolbiird! I hope that you have enough wind to blow all of those candles out at once. :laughing:
Only joking…I hope ya have a good one tho. :kissing:

3 Likes

I think this point is like: have you ever bought something on an auction at ebay?

If you have, you know that looking at an item with 7 days left of the auction won’t tell you what the final price will be. The bidding price will climb really slowly from day 7 to day 6 to day 5… you might be tempted to think, “Okay, having tracked the price for several days, I know how much this item is worth.”

So the night before the auction closes, you make a bid with a healthy margin, go about your business, and… lose the auction.

Because the price for any coveted ebay item is determined in the hour before the auction closes. The price often jumps dramatically in the final fifteen minutes. People write programs so they can price snipe in the final twenty, thirty SECONDS.

This is why the final hours are more crucial than, say, the initial hours. Different example, same concept.

FWIW, Koolbird, I think you’ve been reasonable. You’re probably right about how this will go & you mostly seem to be saying, “Oh well, bummer,” which is a perfectly reasonable response. You MIGHT be wrong & there IS the potential to tweak and improve the system, but–for now, as the system stands–you are probably right.

3 Likes

You all are much too kind :joy:. I don’t think Superman could have stopped this topic from derailing.

I should have lead with that lol. In all likely hood, I could be wrong and I hope I am wrong. This game does a really good job of keeping things as equal as one could hope for. It was also stated as well…

I should have been more eloquent with my explanation, and I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. I know the devs changed the reset time to benefit them, and the player base when we “Layeth the Smackdown” on their servers, :relaxed:

2 Likes

Being a night owl anyway the change of reset time isn’t a big deal. Sunday and Monday are my days off. So the new time being Midnight PST (BC - west coast of Canada) Sunday night just means I’ll still be awake when the reset happens.

I have to admit I have a hard time shutting the game down to go to bed some nights and this might not make it any easier. :wink:

2 Likes

:smile::smile::smile:

5 Likes

/facepalm.

1 Like

I’m in a top group on PC and seeing the numbers they put out for trophies I know I have no hope of getting a Top 10 spot lol. I average around 250 trophies a week and I think that’s a lot (I refuse to play arena, it’s too boring for me personally). I’m hoping to be in the top 1000 for some rewards that way.

Top Ten rewards appair to be based on your PVP score instead of trophies, I’ve come to this conclusion as casual play gives trophies but no PVP points and casual play is not ranked

Me in 1 hour:

7 Likes

[quote=“Malkav, post:20, topic:7302”]
Woooooooo!
[/quote]

5 Likes