2.0 Update - Server Maintenance

4 Likes

I hope you can find a way to still spend some time on the forums @Koolbiird , your input is valuable to me and others, and this is not about debating if you “should suck it up” or if the reset time should remain the same. There is no way to make it fits properly to everyone’s routine since we are all scattered around the world. So for instance i second the “Let it goooo”.

1 Like

The idea the OP was trying to come across is like EBAY bid sniping. you get a low bid in really close to time so noone can outbid you. @Koolbiird

1 Like

I didn’t think @Grundulum was being rude with his comment.

I still don’t get how the server reset time changing is a problem for anyone. How does it impact your total weekly play time? Let’s assume you normally wake up at 7am and go to bed at 11pm every day of the week. Here’s what the change actually means:

• Before: You play from 8am to 11pm Mon to Sun and then 7-8am on the following Mon morning.
  • After: You wake up and play, Mon-Sun, from 7am to 11pm.

Either way it’s 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. You’re not getting more or less play time than before. It’s just happening at different times. You’ve got a finite amount of time and that’s that.

1 Like

I actually do think it is a conversation worth having. I’ve played several games with leader-board events that had event times that if you weren’t playing heavily AT THAT EXACT TIME you would not stand a chance of top 10.

One solution is to have multiple winners of each place (1st 2nd etc) based solely on timezone and points in that timezone.

1 Like

I appreciate the kind words @Ivar , but @Studs I NEVER said one thing about changing the reset time. All I said was…

No where did I exclaim foul play. Anyone who has ever played MPQ knows that there is no such thing as a “healthy margin”. The last 6 hours of any event are brutal in trying to hold your spot. Also, I AM NOT COMPARING/CONTRASTING THAT TERRIBLE GAME WITH THIS ONE.

Again, I am not crying foul play. The reset time hurts MY chances, and if it benefits you congratulations.

I also said…

Welcome to the Internet!

Your ranking is based off of your PVP points. If I go to bed in 15th place, on reset day, I can PROMISE you I will drop heavily. No manner of play time during the week will change that.

1 Like

My prediction: The first week’s winner will take the lead while asleep due to a run of successful defends.

1 Like

i myself don’t feel the rewards are even worth the hassle,i’ll sit in the stands and cheer :relaxed:

3 Likes

Holy cow! You can talk! I thought this was just an account that posted gifs and pics.

3 Likes

Oh now you’re asking for it!

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

There we go! All is right with the world now.

4 Likes

To quote some people i play with “do you even sleep?” i sleep 4 to 6 hours all other times i am awake. I just have no life for those concerned. Also where are the patch notes!!! Also i want to know who everyone’s rivals cause if there is a rival system i would love to know who my red is to my blue.

1 Like

My first take on his post was very negative because the most obvious translation pointed towards an ugly development… So my apologies @Grundulum.
And yet, i just think it’s a little impolite to assume things about other’s life, even over the ammount of free time one may or may not have. Something like: “You can see the shoes someone is wearing, but not how far he had walked to be able to buy it.”
But, this subject it’s not worth a discussion, and it would even stretch the off-topic. I’ll drop it.

1 Like

Being around for the last 6 hours is meaningless. The only way it impacts you is that you won’t know where you end up in the rankings until the next morning.

You can only play so much each week and can only accumulate so many points. The server going down at one time vs another is arbitrary. If you have 6 hr/day to play, then you play those. That gets you X points. X may be enough to be first, or it may not. But that doesn’t change the fact that you can only accumulate X points…

Not true.

@Studs I can not give you any more reasons on why I feel and see the leaderboard rankings the way I do. I am spinning my wheels with you. I’m tired of talking about it.

Alright, I’ll drop it. Hope you stick around, and hope to see you at the top of the leaderboards!

1 Like

If you think a 6 hour head start or so is bad i have a huge start penalty. i should be waking up at 9-10 from when the events start.

I am really sorry forum readers. I did not mean for my comment to derail the topic so bad, and @killerman3333 what?

I have to keep up with my girlfriends schedule so i can properly maintain my side of the relationship so it runs smoothly. If restart is at 7am i will be asleep around 6am and will not be awake in till 1-3pm if i am lucky.