2.0 PvP Preview

Yeah, I’m writing nonsense ATM. I said earlier that I will give the casual battles a try.

1 Like

So what guild are you in? Only kiddin’!

That’s the spirit!

1 Like

Maybe it’s better to stick with Goblins, so that you won’t be attacked that much. Defending will never give you points it will only make you lose points.

Especially if you are a high ranked player. People know how to beat every AI team.

The video seems to show otherwise. Defending, win or lose, gives points. It is reduced from the full amount, but it is still an exchange of points.

Look at Milen at the bottom of 3:25. He lost, so the player won points for a defend win.

Ecept maw/mercy combo, there you can lose no matter what you try and do.

I meant to say, after X defends every player will most likely end up with a negative score. Sure he will win some defenses, but i’m assuming there will be more defense losses. So it is better not to defend, which can be achieved by defending with a team that is considered “boring”.

1 Like

That is somewhat true. It is true at higher levels where lower players will be taking 15-20 points per defend lose and only give like 2-6 per defend win. That will likely be untrue for lower levels because they will have the inverse of those numbers.

I spend most of my play time grinding for arcanes. As you all probably know, it’s pretty tiring so I play one or two rounds PVP or Treasure Hunt in between to spice things up.

You meant they will fight for number 2 right? You forgot about dhjl.

So I just rewatched this again after getting home and actually loaded the YouTube page… @Sirrian You might want to check the video description, as it currently says:

“Uploaded on May 12, 2016
This preview of Gems of War’s upcoming 1.0.9 update looks at the new Hero Class system and explains how it all works.”

:wink:

1 Like

Oops - curse those copy/paste errors!
Fixt!

2 Likes

That’s the one I’m most interested in. I’m waiting on traiting certain troops because I want to see how summoning will work. I have ideas for teams but limited resources :smirk:

Is the leaderboard going to be about the number of pvp points you gain during the week (so essentially about how much GoW you play) or is there going to be some kind of correction for quality of play involved (win percentage or opponent quality) ?

Because if it’s just about playing as much as possible then the leaderboard would be fairly lame , IMHO…

5 Likes

hmmm glanced through the 93 comments and don’t think it was said in the video… BUT does the new pvp system make it so say level 300 don’t face lvl 1000. Cause unless i missed something the higher leveled people going to annilate us lower people defenses. I mean the old system made fighting level 1000 all mythic teams tough to play, but were now going to be penalized for facing and our defense losing to them? Am i missing something, No matter what us lower people put on defense will be raped and pillaged by those of a much higher level.

2 Likes

My guess is that lower level players would be placed in the Easy or Medium tier out of the three choices, thus be less incentive for top level players to invade. Hopefully a defense loss involving someone 500+ levels above you wouldn’t harm the bottom line of the low person too much…

The larger the level gap (or team score, maybe?), the higher the reward for a win and lower the penalty for a loss. Looking at the example battles shown, they range from +12/-15 to +30/-6 PVP points for a victory/loss.

I am really excited by this new system, even though I am pretty sure I’ll never break into the top 100 players on a weekly basis.

1 Like

Wasn’t the teir system setup for your troop team composition, the higher and ascended troop cards would increase your teir, or is it your profile level that sets up the teir? it makes me wonder…I mean the revamp is nice… but the main complaint with the pvp was people facing people 3-5x there own level, and not sure this has been addressed here. From what i;ve read they skipped that portion and made it to reward the people that sit and play this game 200-300 pvps a day

2 Likes

From the video it is based off of the quality of the team, and there are three tiers based on difficulty of team. A level 1000 may invade you because you’re an easy win; but if you’re not worth a trophy, you may never be invaded. Also, If you don’t want to invade a level 1000, you have two other options. This is ranked pvp.

yeah but my complaint is this system is not setup for trophies its setup for pvp points for a leader bored. You not going to take a guy 400 levels below u if u can get nearly as many pvp points to climb there ladder as you would fighting the tougher guy. Maybe i’ve misread into something… But i think imma remain cautiously optimistic… and koolbird you can skip those guys now until there in your defense and now if u lose a defend to them you lose ranked points…and move backwards. Maybe it won’t be so bad after its implemented but, i’m confused to how this will play out right this minute