2.0 PvP Preview

I think, that once you meet a good maw team, you may find it’s not as easy as you might think. That’s not to say they can’t be beaten, but you may be surprised how fast they can fill and how much damage they can do in one shot. You may never get a chance to employ your counters.

5 Likes

Mercy can fill Maw in the very first turn or the first 3 and shuffling to the back will still leave you losing 1 troop early. If the coin fall that way.

:slight_smile::grin::smiley::grinning:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :grinning: :smile: :smile: :laughing:

:joy:

:sweat_smile:

:relaxed:

Thanks @RiverSong, I needed a good laugh today, it’s been a rough one!

1 Like

I’m glad you found it amusing. I hope it will be just as amusing the first time you get your butt chewed by a fully traited maw team.

5 Likes

Maw can be quite the formidable opponent. I’ve seen a few times one cast of Mercy’s spell power it up. Then devour three troops at once.

1 Like

Considering I beat the Console’s version of @MrSammy with a 4 common team multiple times a day FOR FUN, I’m confident in my non-fear.

Now before this turns into a pissing match, I’ll leave you to your beliefs and not comment on this anymore. Everything worth saying has been said. :v:

1 Like

They said the same thing about Webspinner and Bone Dragon and I haven’t run into any problems with those two.

I look forward to Great Maw and Infernal King and their overuse by unimaginative players.

As my last remark, I will just note that confidence and arrogance are not synonyms.

3 Likes

My grand master plan for dealing with 3rd trait Maw is to use my cycle teams

Green/Purple

Alchemest
Green Seer
Giant Spider
Crescendo/Boar Rider

I take purple, and alway cycle to end a turn (if I can’t keep the combo going) with Spider filled so that in the event of Maw being hungry he can have a spider meal, the Boar Rider team hasn’t lost yet and the Hero team I’ve only lost once to a cascade that let Mercy fill up and Maw ate my Hero, I can’t come back from that

The Rider team takes on average 4-6 min to beat powerful team so I only use it when facing a team my Hero and Jarl have rough records with (I refuse to skip a match out of pride)

You are correct on that.

However, calling me arrogant is both a personal attack and incorrect. I am _over_stating my confidence? You can base that on what exactly? You have never seen me play nor do you know HOW I play.

The phrase you are looking for is “filled with hubris”, which I am admittedly. I knoow exactly what I am doing and what I am capable of.

You really, REALLY, want to get into personal attacks, or is your frustration clouding your otherwise sound judgment?

1 Like

@TaliaParks @RiverSong
I just feel the need to midigate things before they escalate and boil over, it may be a little prideful to assume something will be a walk in the park before ever encountering it, but it is far from arrogant, the opposite assumption however is far from better, you shouldn’t assume a difficult path will impossible to walk until you try or you’ll never get to the prize at the end of the road (or bragging rights for conquering it mind you) it’s best to assume to can toss anything so that when you get the opportunity to and succeed you can feel that much better, if you assume there’s no chance of winning and the AI gets amazing cascades and you do lose you’ll skip any team that has that troop, if you assume you’ll come up on top and do lose however, it’ll drive you to devise a team to succeed instead of avoiding every team running the core

3 Likes

I think he is just assuming, not in a bad way, that you are underestimating the chances of how any team setup can sometimes backfire.
“Beware of little details, a simple thorn can stop a traveller’s journey, and a fraction of a second can open you guard for a fatal blow.”
It’s good to have confidence in your skills, but it always good to be safer than sorry, even when evaluating yourself…

1 Like

And you are precisely correct in this remark. I would, however, say that while I have never seen you play nor know how you play, I do find it a bit presumptuous for you to do the same thing with a team build you have never seen.

And now, I am done with this discussion. Please feel free to carry on as usual.

Never presume to tell me what to do troll

Ooooooh, name calling! How effective!

That was an amazingly civil disagreement for an amazingly long time (kudos to the participants for that).
But I think we’ll close this one down now - all opinions have been aired at this point.

13 Likes