2.0 PvP Preview

I am already working towards full-traiting this team:

Celestasia, Venoxia, Moloch, Jarl.

Each extra turn will cause havoc :smiling_imp:

@Sirrian, I don’t think anyone’s asked this yet:

From the preview, it appears that in 2.0, a PvP defeat means you lose PvP points, but no longer lose trophies. Is this correct?

I hope it is correct, because while I think it’s good that defeats have a penalty in PvP points (even if you quit out), I don’t think it’s fair to penalise guilds if one of their players is having a bad day connecting to the network.

I presume, since casual is mostly not even worth a trophy, that casual defeats definitely don’t have a trophy penalty.

3 Likes

I believe that is correct yes, but I’m just waiting on confirmation, since our tech lead, Andrew, has been out of the office for a few days.

10 Likes

This is a great question!

2 Likes

You know what’s better than a great question? A lightning fast reply in the affirmative! :smiley:

2 Likes

You know whats better than all that…a fresh cream cake :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And better then that is 2 fresh cream cakes. And Nimhain.

1 Like

Man, i love that devs spend time on the forums!

I get so hyped when I see all this new cool things and I keep wondering will it happen today, tomorrow, this week. . xD

It really is cool that they get involved in the community and play in the game.

I’m really excited for the defense team tips in @Tacet’s new video. And PVP2.0!

1 Like

@Sirrian Has the new PvP system of rank 15-1 been switched from glory keys to gold keys? The chart in the preview shows them as gold keys, but currently they are glory keys.

Doesn’t the rewards chart in-game show the gold keys icon at the moment? I’ve never gotten high enough to see if they were gold or glory though…

In-game shows the picture for Gold Keys, regardless of the fact that we are definitely getting Glory Keys. Beats me.

1 Like

I’m mortally wounded you didn’t mention me as a hard option :frowning:

Though there are unpalatable options like Sister or Alex that concern me (not much but a little)…

What does concern me is the Maw/Mercy combo that I suspect I’ll hit in 50% of battles past rank 5… @Sirrian have we considered adjusting those guys…?

I’m wondering will daily rank rewards remain the same or will they be higher? (since rank 1 will be harder to obtain)

Lol - I do hope you haven’t been mortally wounded.

I recall your team is pretty strong, but for whatever reason I’ve only had you pop up a handful of times in the past few weeks, whereas the three I named pop up about every 20th battle. I generally skip MrSammy though, as he bases himself in Whitehelm and I don’t want to ‘waste’ my luck and accidentally pick up Arcane Summer - I rather keep battling in kingdoms where the arcanes are of interest to me. This may change with 2.0.

I would be interested to know why I see the same 1000 level players so often, but others rarely at all. The immediate response may be that these three are the most active, but I suspect yourself, as well as outlander and rivergod, for example, are also pretty active.

1 Like

Does the AI play Maw different than other Troops? Because I can bet you that everyone will have a team (with a single target Spell caster or two) to counter Maw, which I’m sure the AI takes 12-15 turns to fill

The thing about Maw is that, when it gets its third trait, skull hits have a 15% chance to eat you. That means that even the “dumb” AI is still a major threat. You need to deny yellow, brown, and skulls to be safe, and Mercy makes it a lot harder (since purple too becomes a threat).

4 Likes

I went to look up Mercy and your host is down again :frowning:

Alright, so Skulls and Maw’s third Trait are the problem? A fully-Traited Dust Devil will fix that.

The point is, Consoles don’t even have Drifting Sands and I can STILL come up with about 4 counters to any Great Maw/Mercy set up.

Best thing about people abusing the meta, one doesn’t even have to switch teams to kill them all with ease! :wink:

1 Like